difficulty connecting to home wireless network

cornstarch

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
so the new droid locates the wifi network, claims it has an excellent signal, and the settings screen says 'obtaining ip address from network' - droid churns for a while and then says 'unsuccessful' and gives no hints about what to do next - any suggestions?

jjenson

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Hmm seems like you might want to take the phone in cause I just tried and it should do it automatically once you put in the password. I just connected to 2 difference networks of neighbors with just pressing connect.

Try taking it in they can test in the verizon store and replace if necessary.

hatch.duffy

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I agree try taking it into the verizon store. I have been able to connect to my home as well as work and friends networks with no problem

crownroyal

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Stupid question, my home network shows on the Droid and it prompts me to enter the password which i do. It still can not connect. What other settings do I need to enter to connect to wifi? I am basically a router setting rookie. I can connect to neighbors unsecured no problem so i think it is a setting issue on droid or router. I use a linkseys router if it matters.

Thanks

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
If your network isn't broadcasting it's SSID it'll never connect. I found this out the hard way. I always enter my info into my wireless device but I couldn't get the Droid to connect even though it was able to find my network. On a hunch I enabled my SSID and voila. I dislike having it show up so I then just edited which MAC addresses can connect to keep the riff raff out. Lol.

rip14

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Anyone find a fix for the not broadcasting SSID?

I hate to have my SSID broadcast on, but it looks like I will have to so my Droid can connect.

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Prior to bringing it in, try this:
1. I have the same problems and have baby camera's that run on the same frequency as my wifi. If you have these, try turning them off. Mine shows that I have a good broadcast, but I still can't get on.
2. My old phone system was on the same frequency. I changed systems and now I'm good.
3. I periodically need to reset my wifi and cable modem (modem first, then wifi).

If these don't work and you can't get any wifi, take it in.

ircactus

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Broadcasting the SSID isn't necessary although if you think that somehow secures the network, it doesn't. Eitherway. I have successfully done this on a non broadcast ssid with both wpa and wpa2 settings. have not tried with wep but would advise anyone still running wep to move up to wpa2 preferrably. This "should" work.

I can only speak for myself but I have this working with both a Motorola Droid and and t-mobile MT3G.

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
im having a hard time connecting to my home also...on my dinc it did it no problem just enter my password which is not 9 numbers but the x is asking me for 9 numbers i tried it twice with the 9 numbers on the back of the netgear thingy lol but have no idea what a ssid wep wap is but i do know if you call me a wop you could get a slap in my neughborhood lol :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys91