Dim edge along one side -- yours too?

IamJAd

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys-

So, looking at the Xoom in landscape mode, camera on top, everything looks fine. The bottom bar (with the arrows and clock) is a dark bar. That bar stays dark even when you launch the browser.

Load a white browser window (google.com works fine). Now, turn it portrait so the camera is on the right. On my Xoom, the left edge of the screen, the same edge where the clock was in landscape mode, is a bit dimmer than the rest of the screen, all along the edge. It's subtle, but it's definitely there. Stayes consistent no matter which way you flip the device; it's always the same edge as the bottom edge in landscape mode, camera on top.

So, is this a Xoom thing with all of them, or do I have a manufacturing defect?

IamJAd

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I was at Costco and looked at their demo. Same faded edge. It's livable if they're all like that.

Any others wanna chime in on this?

radsaq

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine might have it, but it's hard to tell. If it does, it's not any worse than the illusions you see when looking back and forth between things on different colored backgrounds.

Perhaps it's that way due to where the backlight is, and/or the backlight diffuser construction?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biopaolo96