Disable HD calls on Note 4, how?

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
When I receive/make a call that is HD (on Sprint) I have to raise the volume to 100% on my car Bluetooth to be able to hear the callers. Yet on none HD calls the volume is at a normal level. Is there a way to disable HD calling?
(I tried using the ##3282# and disabling the EVRC_B, but that did not disable the HD calls)

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else experiencing this?

Yes. But it gives me crystal clear calls. Sure I have to raise the volume up on my pioneer head unit a little, but it's clear as hell.

With that said, no, I have no clue how to turn out off.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if you can honestly -- It seems to just be a thing the carrier does when it realizes your're talking to someone on the same carrier.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes. But it gives me crystal clear calls. Sure I have to raise the volume up on my pioneer head unit a little, but it's clear as hell.

Color me jealous! :) I've been waiting for VoLTE calling for a couple of years, ever since I heard it was coming. I'm tired of asking people to repeat phone numbers etc when I'm using a regular cell phone connection. I've never had the opportunity to hear VoLTE calls but I know I want the feature.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

I agree that the call is clear, however with my JVC unit I have to raise the volume to the max on HD calls, and if I don't turn it back down to normal before the call ends; the next "Non-HD" call that comes in is sooooo loud (the ringing and the call).

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
My call volume is low regardless of whether VoLTE is on. I too have to turn the volume in my car all the way up not sure why. I use an auxiliary cord though.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this applies to you, but when I used to have a Sirius receiver in my car, I was using a cheap AUX cable and the sound quality -- and volume --was sub-par, I purchased the cable with the gold tip kind, and the quality was were it should be. Just something to try.