Disabling the initial screen

rosede

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Whenever my wife turns on her tablet, she gets a a screen with a calendar on the left side and what appears to me as a a chalkboard on the right. I'm assuming that a person can write notes or whatnot on the chalkboard, but my wife and I both find it very annoying. Originally, this was a News Stand or something like that, but some how it changed to the screen that I just described.

How do I disable this? My wife and I both find this very annoying. When she turns it on, she just wants to get the log in screen (she doesn't log in, but swipes to get into the tablet). I have no idea what this screen is called, and how to disable it. Any suggestions will be help full.

Thank you.

Daryl

jimcapraro

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Try going to Settings, and in the Personal Settings tap on Lock Screen, if "Action memo on lock screen" is turned on turn it off.

rosede

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
JImcapraro,

Thank you for the quick reply.

This has been partiality resolved. One thing that I didn't mention, because I didn't think that it was relevant, is that my wife also has a case. This case keeps the lid closed with magnets. Turning off the "Action memo on Lock Screen" works as long as a person just turns off/on the tablet, but if you close the case and then open it, the "Action Member on Lock Screen" returns. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Daryl

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Whenever my wife turns on her tablet, she gets a a screen with a calendar on the left side and what appears to me as a a chalkboard on the right. I'm assuming that a person can write notes or whatnot on the chalkboard, but my wife and I both find it very annoying. Originally, this was a News Stand or something like that, but some how it changed to the screen that I just described.

How do I disable this? My wife and I both find this very annoying. When she turns it on, she just wants to get the log in screen (she doesn't log in, but swipes to get into the tablet). I have no idea what this screen is called, and how to disable it. Any suggestions will be help full.

Thank you.

Daryl
Go to Settings/General/Accessories/Book Cover and then uncheck Daynote.