Disappointed 1st Time Unlocked phone purchase

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I purchased 2 unlocked phones from 2 different sellers a few weeks ago and now I'm sorry I did. I don't know if it's my fault, if there's something I can do to fix this or what so I'm hoping someone here has some answers.

We already replaced the sim cards that were in our old phones per TMO when I called them and explained the problems we're having. Hubby is screaming to go back to VZW but they're too expensive and have too many limits on their plans.

First Phone: Note 10+ and I verified that this phone was *factory* unlocked. My TMO connection isn't any better than it was with my V30 and perhaps I'm misinformed but I *thought* because this phone is 2 1/2 or so years newer it's range would improve. I still have the same dead spots in the house that I had before. We already have the signal booster that TMO sent us to use.

I'm on a call and suddenly there's only dead air but the call is still connected. I move to another location and the call returns sometimes. Other times it will drop. I pick up a call and it's "hello" "hello" "hello" like there's nobody there. It's about 4 years old now, should I maybe ask to get this replaced?

Second Phone: LG G8 ThinQ replaced hubby's V30. It said it was unlocked so it would work on the other services. Strange thing is every now and then you'll get a flash of "US Cellular" on the screen. Stupid me should have verified it was *factory* unlocked I guess. It sure doesn't seem to be if we're seeing US Cellular on it. This phone basically has the same other issues that I mentioned I'm having on my Note plus what I think the US Cellular shouldn't be there. Hubby is a trucker and he's having a heckuva time with dropped calls and calls like I mentioned with my Note. I totally spaced out and forgot to ask if this phone was factory unlocked or not.

I also noticed that the LG phone came with numerous games on it which is not something I expected. Is this typical of an unlocked phone?

Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can try to do? Like maybe change some setting or ??? I can't return them, it's past the 30 days.

Thank you,
Deb

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You're WAY better off buying them from some place like B&H video photo who sells you brand new, sealed, guaranteed factory unlocked phones at great prices. Stay away from Amazon when it comes to electronics.

Didn't buy from Amazon, got them on swappa and have never ever had a problem w/them before. Seems like since they opened up to let resellers sell there that things have gone down hill and I'm not as happy with them anymore.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Didn't buy from Amazon, got them on swappa and have never ever had a problem w/them before. Seems like since they opened up to let resellers sell there that things have gone down hill and I'm not as happy with them anymore.

Yep my wife's last phone came from swappa and it was a piece of junk.... multiple problems. We won't be buying from there anymore. Same with eBay. I only buy new now. Haven't had a problem since. We also keep our phones a long time. If you shop around you can pick up great phones dirt cheap new. My last 3 phones retailed from $550 to $750 new, I paid $199-$325 for them new and unlocked.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I totally agree. Swappa isn't what it used to be now that they let dealers sell there. I never had a problem at Swappa before that. Last 2 phones were problematic. Dealers need to have their own site.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow