Dismal Battery Life

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Every since Nougat beta 4, my battery life has been subpar at best. I've cleared cache but I'm unwilling to do a factory reset.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170225-152317.jpg
    Screenshot_20170225-152317.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 206

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Every since Nougat beta 4, my battery life has been subpar at best. I've cleared cache but I'm unwilling to do a factory reset.

Welcome to the club. I am done trying to figure it out. That's why moving forward, it's only iPhone and Pixel for me. At least when their is a problem, it is remedied rather quickly.I am also unwilling to do a factory reset.

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
The obvious culprit is Messenger. Did you try uninstalling, clearing the cache, restart phone and them install again?

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
The beta in general was bad on battery for me. Just go back to stable software. You're complaining about software that is in beta

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's just a Nougat thing. My phone is dismal on MM. I can't wait to get rid of this thing. Love the phone, but the battery has been pathetic. The 8 better be at least as good as my N7 was or I may consider the new LG. For me its the Android System and kernel that are eating the battery. Knox has taken 15% just in itself through the day.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's just a Nougat thing. My phone is dismal on MM. I can't wait to get rid of this thing. Love the phone, but the battery has been pathetic. The 8 better be at least as good as my N7 was or I may consider the new LG. For me its the Android System and kernel that are eating the battery. Knox has taken 15% just in itself through the day.

I understand. I had the woes for years on android. The first android phone that didn't have crazy battery drain background or otherwise is the Nexus 6P. I had bad luck with my first s7 edge too. I think I just got lucky this time around. Not to mention Samsung just replaced my battery because it was overheating... works great now.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I understand. I had the woes for years on android. The first android phone that didn't have crazy battery drain background or otherwise is the Nexus 6P. I had bad luck with my first s7 edge too. I think I just got lucky this time around. Not to mention Samsung just replaced my battery because it was overheating... works great now.

And this is my 2nd s7e because I told them the battery on the first one sucked. It seems that it turns out that its just Samsung's battery sucking apps. Again, can't wait to get rid of this phone. For the past 5 years I'd make it through a 10h shift in the ER getting there with a charged phone and leaving around 60%. Same with my N7. My S7E is routinely down in the 40% range by the time I leave. I always thought carrying a charger was a joke and laughed at all of the iPhone people. Now I always having one and usually use it mid shift. I'll give the S8 its 2 week trial period and if its still doing something similar I'm going to jump ship.

Who884l5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Im having great battery life on nougat.
d2a5ec53a046a0b3b30beb32674128f3.jpg
457fba7e8a67aa4b7484e1ba0a79dad6.jpg

Like i said b4 try reseting app permissions...and at 29% its pretty easy to spot the issue. Wiping chache partition might help to.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the club. I am done trying to figure it out. That's why moving forward, it's only iPhone and Pixel for me. At least when their is a problem, it is remedied rather quickly.I am also unwilling to do a factory reset.
I moved forward last month and threw my s7 edge in my drawer and bought a pixel. It's amazing. I NEVER look at my battery stats...Why? Because I don't have to! The phone functions how it should and I haven't shut a damn thing off to "preserve" battery life. I have white backgrounds on everything because I don't need a dark background to conserve battery since it is managed so well by the software.

Adios sammy

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Im having great battery life on nougat. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170226/d2a5ec53a046a0b3b30beb32674128f3.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170226/457fba7e8a67aa4b7484e1ba0a79dad6.jpg

Like i said b4 try reseting app permissions...and at 29% its pretty easy to spot the issue. Wiping chache partition might help to.

Do you have the Exynos version and are you mostly on wifi? Right now I can only get 3hours of SOT from a full charge not from just 40%. Nougat is terrible for my battery life you must be a magician.

Who884l5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Do you have the Exynos version and are you mostly on wifi? Right now I can only get 3hours of SOT from a full charge not from just 40%. Nougat is terrible for my battery life you must be a magician.
I was on wifi for atleast an hour. I have a setting that turns it off wherever the hpone is dozing (wifi saves battery when in use but can drain more overall) i also turn on gps as needes and check for e-mails myself and dont and the phone do it automatically. Im snapdragon. Cell signal also plays a big role.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe