Disney Plus only works in Samsung's Secure Folder.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm trying to open Disney+ on my Fold3. I get stuck at the loading screen. But when I install the app in the Secure Folder, it works. I can load it, sign-in, play content and even download. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, clearing cache and clearing content. Nothing works. Any help would be appreciated.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you have an app problem. Android is an already sandboxed system which does what it can to keep apps from interacting with one another but apps ask for permission and most of the time we don't even look at them and just say yes to whatever. These permissions can overlap and interfere with one another sometimes. But secure folder is yet another layer blocking apps from communicating with one another. Things in secure folder may be blocked from gathering ad information, may block ads in general and who knows what other safeties are built in, so I can very clearly see why it might work in one location and not the other.

The question now is, how do we get it to work outside of the secure folder, but we'll need more information to answer that.

Do you have any other streaming services in use on this device? What are they?

Do you have any antivirus, malware or firewall apps?

Did it ever work outside of secure folder? If so, how long ago was that?

My only advice given the information we have I would go into Permission Manager and look at all of the permissions and remove all apps from any permission that is shared with the Disney+ app. There are a couple of ways to do this. You can just go to the D+ app in your app list and look to see what permissions it has and then go to permission manager and remove all apps from those permissions or you can go through each permission in Permission Manager and when you find D+ remove everything else. If it is an app conflict this will likely clear that up.

Let us know what you find.

Best wishes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie