Disney+, Star+, HBO Max and Prime video, video playback is squished

Mellosaurio

Apr 16, 2022
Visit site
When I try to watch a show on any of this services, the whole screen (including the notification bar) and video is squished, from a 20:9 aspect ratio to an 18:9. But even when the pause, subtitles, etc button are visibly squished and to the side, their functionality is on the right place, the real pause button is on the center even if it looks a bit to the left. I don't know why this is happening, any help is helpful. I'm using a Motorola moto g20

Last edited:

Mellosaurio

Apr 16, 2022
Visit site
I can't take a screenshot as the app doesn't let me, but I took a picture with another phone. In the picture you can see that a sizeable chunk of the screen is missing. Also the corners of the video are curved, like it is the phone's corner. Also to pause the video I have to click the fast forward button, so this is purely visual 1987126369.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do the images themselves look squished, or do they look normal? Remember that very few movies or TV shows (if any) are filmed in 20:9 ratio, so if it's just trying to show the whole frame (usually 16:9), there's bound to be some empty space to the sides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463