Diztronic Case + Screen Protector

garl6

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
looks like i'm getting a DNA sometime in the next week. i plan on getting the diztronic case, but i've seen accounts in which it would not play nice with a screen protector.

for those who have or had the diztronic case, what screen protector would you recommend to use?

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, I don't know about 'recommending', but I just picked up the 3-pack from a VZ store; it works fine for me & does not get in the way of my Diztronic case.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the Ditz case and found it to be too bulky. Before you pull the trigger on the Ditz, take a look at the TPU case Vz has for the DNA. It has a cutout for the power button which makes both accessing it and pressing it quite easy and it is semi-transparent so you can see the rear notification light through the material. Best of all it's very sleek and light and adds nothing to the form factor of the phone.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
There's a lot of great cases for this phone out there, I have the body glove And love it. There's a thread here with a bunch of cases people bought with feedback and pictures, I'd check that thread put. Although I took my case off for the first time in a few weeks today and can say I was re-blown away by how great the phone feels and looks on its own.

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
The Verizon screen protectors don't get in the way of any cases that I've tried. They're case friendly and specifically cover the actual screen and a little bit more rather than the whole face of the phone.
I had a diztronic when i first bought the DNA only cause there wasn't much selection...now there are a good amount of cases that have come out and went with the Incipio Faxion which I believe is a lot better than the diztronic.

garl6

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
There's a lot of great cases for this phone out there, I have the body glove And love it. There's a thread here with a bunch of cases people bought with feedback and pictures, I'd check that thread put. Although I took my case off for the first time in a few weeks today and can say I was re-blown away by how great the phone feels and looks on its own.

Ah see I've actually been following that thread for quite some time now. I went back through it and looked at all the posts. I was actually considering the Body Glove, but from the pictures in the thread, it seems like the case doesn't wrap around the edges or provide lift when the phone is laying face down. That was a major aspect, for me, about the Diztronic case. Otherwise I would definitely go Body Glove. Thoughts?

The Verizon screen protectors don't get in the way of any cases that I've tried. They're case friendly and specifically cover the actual screen and a little bit more rather than the whole face of the phone.
I had a diztronic when i first bought the DNA only cause there wasn't much selection...now there are a good amount of cases that have come out and went with the Incipio Faxion which I believe is a lot better than the diztronic.

I really do like the Incipio Faxion, but honestly I'd prefer to go with a cheaper case. If it was brought down to about the $20-$25 range, I'd jump on it in a second.

Edit: Just found the Incipio Dual Pro: Incipio Dual Pro

Unfortunately the color I want is higher than what I'd be willing to pay. Meh.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Ah see I've actually been following that thread for quite some time now. I went back through it and looked at all the posts. I was actually considering the Body Glove, but from the pictures in the thread, it seems like the case doesn't wrap around the edges or provide lift when the phone is laying face down. That was a major aspect, for me, about the Diztronic case. Otherwise I would definitely go Body Glove.

I love my body glove case, mine fits firmly around the phone, it's really thin and provides good protection to the edges of the phone. It does raise provide a lip above the screen, so the screen does not touch when placed face down. I found d this out getting out of my truck one day, my phone fell out and onto the wet ground straight onto the screen. I'm in a lifted Toyota so the fall was pretty high. No damage and the screen had no water on it at all.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Anyone with the Incipio Faxion able to say how it fits with a screen protector?

I'm trying to decide between my iPhone 5, an S3, or a DNA. Cases and screen protectors are important to me. I swap phones all the time and like to keep em clean so I get good resale or trade value.

***I thought about the Note, but I'm like a carny, small hands. And that thing looked like I had a shoebox next to my head.

garl6

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site

How's the "feel" compare between the Incipio and the Diztronic? The claim that the Diztronic had the same feel as the back of the phone appealed to me, as did the non-bulkiness of it. But now I'm considering the Faxion. Also I think I read somewhere that the Faxion didn't allow for easy USB charging with the OEM charger. True or false?

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
How's the "feel" compare between the Incipio and the Diztronic? The claim that the Diztronic had the same feel as the back of the phone appealed to me, as did the non-bulkiness of it. But now I'm considering the Faxion. Also I think I read somewhere that the Faxion didn't allow for easy USB charging with the OEM charger. True or false?

The Diztronic's feel is rubbery. The material feels like one of those non-slip pads you put in your car dashboard...so it definitely has more of a grip.
The Incipio has a smooth finish to its surface, but doesn't feel "slippery". It feels stable in my hand and I never felt like it was going to slip out.

In regards to the bulkiness...I think the incipio is a better fit. I felt the diztronic gave it a bit more bulk, but not much. Both are definitely pocket friendly.

Its true that the Faxion makes it a little bit harder to open up the flap for USB charging...I have qi chargers and take advantage of the cloud, so I rarely use the usb plug.
I would also say that on the Faxion, it would take a couple tries to press down the power button at the top, but its no biggy...the volume rockers work great though.

The Diztronic is definitely a good buy as I only bought it for $12 on ebay. The Faxion is a little bit more appealing though.
Both have their pros and cons.

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
So, I've been using a Diztronic case for about 4 weeks now. However, coming from an HTC Thunderbolt, I REALLY missed the kickstand. Didn't want to get the VZ holster/combo because it didn't seem to offer wrap-around protection of all edges and it seemed much bulkier than I was comfortable with, plus I wanted something with some color. So, last week, I ordered this:
Amazon.com: Dual Layer Cover w/ Kickstand for HTC DROID DNA, Black/Purple: Electronics and it arrived today.

I really like the feel; the cut-outs are all spot-on for the features. I'm finding the covered-button responsiveness much better than the Diztronic For me, the power/wake button is much more responsive than the Diztronic & it's easier to wake the phone up. I don't feel that it adds any noticeable bulk to the phone over the Diztronic. The build seems solid. I'm an all-things-purple person, but there are other colors. For $13.00 (free shipping, but not Amazon Prime), it's definitely a case worth considering.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Im at a loss for what case to get for this phone. Dont want to cover up this sexiness. Thinking of the Nillkin case in white or black.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Im at a loss for what case to get for this phone. Dont want to cover up this sexiness. Thinking of the Nillkin case in white or black.

Call me crazy but I'm thinking about giving up the Ballistic SG for this Nillkin case!
2013011411154373499.jpg

2013011411214873499.jpg

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Only bad thing about the cases is, there isn't a cut out for the back notification light. I've cut a hole in all my cases. The Verizon case is good. Even has a kick stand.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Only bad thing about the cases is, there isn't a cut out for the back notification light. I've cut a hole in all my cases. The Verizon case is good. Even has a kick stand.

It also presses on the screen too hard

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I love the looks of this! Did you ever order this? From where? And how do you like it?
This is just what I've been looking for (well as much as I can tell from a picture anyway).

I haven't ordered this case yet but I might in the near future. It's on Amazon for about $19 Amazon.com: New Ultra-thin Texture Fashion Side Flip PU Leather Case Cover + Screen Protector for HTC Droid DNA / HTC Deluxe X920e/ HTC DLX, Gray: MP3 Players & Accessories

I couldn't find the dark grey one and that is the one I'm waiting for. As soon as they sell it on Amazon, I'm ordering it!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays