do all nexus devices come unlocked?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
is it true that all nexus devices are already unlocked, no matter where you buy them from?
Unlocked meaning able to take the device form one carrier to the next? Or rooted? I'm not sure about the unlocked on the different carriers, I'm going to say yes, as long as the carrier supports the radio band of the device. Rooted, no. You have to root it with a few quick commands.

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Unlocked meaning able to take the device form one carrier to the next? Or rooted? I'm not sure about the unlocked on the different carriers, I'm going to say yes, as long as the carrier supports the radio band of the device. Rooted, no. You have to root it with a few quick commands.
yeah i mean from one carrier to the next. never gonna root it, seen too many people screwing themselves over with their rooted phones, although i'll admit rooting has its advantages. stock is just fine for me though.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
yeah i mean from one carrier to the next. never gonna root it, seen too many people screwing themselves over with their rooted phones, although i'll admit rooting has its advantages. stock is just fine for me though.

Yes, all GSM Nexus devices are unlocked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582