Do all roms with sense 3.0 have wifi issues?

cybermaniak

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I have here an EVO from a friend, that I rooted and trying to find the best sense 3.0 based Rom, but it seems that all have wifi issues..

for example using Kinged Pyramid V1.9 turning WiFi on.. doesnt detect anything.
Next to the EVO I have an LG Optimus V running on CyanogenMod 7 and detects 4 wifis...

running Kinged SHOOTER ROM E3D. detects only 2 but not all for routers I have here...

So what could be the problem.. the radio on the EVO or the roms ??

Right now i will try an stock rom to see how many it detects.

cybermaniak

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Well I didnt tried that one.. but I did try a stock (rooted) rom with the same results, so the conclusion is that the wifi radio on the EVO is a bit low in power. When my friend came for his phone I ask him if that behavior was normal and he said Yes.. But honestly I was a bit shocked that a cheapo phone like the LG Optimus V have a better wifi reception than the EVO.. walking along the house the LG never droped the signal and the EVO did it a lot of times (like it was on a blind spot) weird..

mikiemike

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
well it depends, with cm7 I have bad wifi, but stock is great. mikg 2.5-3.0 is also great. however after the 2.3.3 update if you install wifi tether from the market it kills your wifi. they just don't mesh. head over to vaeleks place (vaelpak) and search for his wifi wireless tether fix if this is the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63