Do I have a better chance with Best Buy Online or In Store?

iamfuze

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had it with Amazon. I would like to pre-order with Best Buy...I wonder which i'll have a better chance with? I will say this, I live in a small market (Chattanooga) and we get stuff late. Like our store only received three of their pre-orders they said... But who knows. Just looking for some insight.

Thanks guys

I've heard some Best Buys are now halting pre orders too.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I've had it with Amazon. I would like to pre-order with Best Buy...I wonder which i'll have a better chance with? I will say this, I live in a small market (Chattanooga) and we get stuff late. Like our store only received three of their pre-orders they said... But who knows. Just looking for some insight.

Thanks guys

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I've heard some Best Buys are now halting pre orders too.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
Dude. How did your post get above my initial question? Awesome lol. I called one and they said I could come in and pre-order, nothing down. So I think I may take them up on that. It's close to my job too.

I would guess preorder in sprint then preorder in best buy.
Well my local sprint or online isn't accepting anymore pre-orders.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Dude. How did your post get above my initial question? Awesome lol. I called one and they said I could come in and pre-order, nothing down. So I think I may take them up on that. It's close to my job too.

Well my local sprint or online isn't accepting anymore pre-orders.

I don't understand sprint reasoning, if the release date has not been determined . Why can't you pre order the phone. Something fishy here
6c60e98a-f563-f4c8.jpg

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk 2

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I always Pre-order at BB and i got my Evolte Thursday...

If you can get a pre-order in i would do so at either store at this point.

My local BB told me they didnt know when they'd get more phones though

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
First off

DO NOT PREORDER FROM SPRINT

Not only is it cheaper at Best Buy but people at Best Buy got it before people at Sprint stores. I preordered at a Sprint store and haven't gotten mine yet nor do they know when they're gonna get it. Went to a Best Buy and they're saving me $150 and said it should be in Monday or Tuesday. As for whether or not to order online or in store I think you get better deals in store.

Reactions: Mercury81

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I always Pre-order at BB and i got my Evolte Thursday...

If you can get a pre-order in i would do so at either store at this point.

My local BB told me they didnt know when they'd get more phones though

I called to make sure they would allow me to do it if I came in the store. He told me he could actually do it over the phone so I didn't have to go. He said they are expecting a shipment in next week and the 3rd round would come in @ the end of next week. We'll see... .

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy stores are a F'ing nightmare. I preordered on the first day, 19 days ago. I still don't have mine, they only got 6 in on Thursday. Now I will have to wait until AT LEAST Tuesday. What was the point of being first in line?

ceff7711

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy stores are a F'ing nightmare. I preordered on the first day, 19 days ago. I still don't have mine, they only got 6 in on Thursday. Now I will have to wait until AT LEAST Tuesday. What was the point of being first in line?

Are you saying you were 1st in line and they gave out all 6 units to people in line behind you?

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My local best buy sucks. I'm willing to pay the extra $6.00 for express shipping to my house just so I don't have to go up there and stand around for an hour and a half. I'm guessing it will take the same amount of time right?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Are you saying you were 1st in line and they gave out all 6 units to people in line behind you?

No, I was there on the 1st day to preorder- right after lunch on 05/07/2012. And they will not even tell me where I am in line. But I did find out they still have two of the 6 unclaimed and will not sell them. And I found out that no other store will fill my order, even one other local store that has two that are not assigned to ANYONE. And it has been 8 days since my last status Email.

The border delay was bad enough, but they seem to be doing everything possible to screw me over now.

ceff7711

May 25, 2012
Visit site
No, I was there on the 1st day to preorder- right after lunch on 05/07/2012. And they will not even tell me where I am in line. But I did find out they still have two of the 6 unclaimed and will not sell them. And I found out that no other store will fill my order, even one other local store that has two that are not assigned to ANYONE. And it has been 8 days since my last status Email.

The border delay was bad enough, but they seem to be doing everything possible to screw me over now.

I know they have to wait 72 hours from the initial notification to allow the pre-order to pick it up. Supposedly at the 72 hour mark those pre-orders that were not picked up are cancelled and an email should automatically be generated and sent to the next pre-order in line.
Now if they have some units that are unassigned, and you are a pre-order, what is their reason for not selling it to you?