Do Not Disturb "Dumbed Down"?

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Coming from the Pixel XL 2 and I'm really enjoying the feature-rich Note 9 but I am kinda lost with the apparent lack of DND settings ... hopefully they're there and I am just not finding them.

I can't seem to set separate custom times for weekdays and weekends and I do not see a setting for DND while driving. Are these available on Samsung devices?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Coming from the Pixel XL 2 and I'm really enjoying the feature-rich Note 9 but I am kinda lost with the apparent lack of DND settings ... hopefully they're there and I am just not finding them.

I can't seem to set separate custom times for weekdays and weekends and I do not see a setting for DND while driving. Are these available on Samsung devices?

Which version do you have? My T-Mobile Blue 128 has those options

Attachments

• 682.jpg
    682.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 106

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I see the same on my unlocked version. The problem is that you can’t set separate DND schedules for different days of the week.

It should also be capable of setting DND automatically when there’s an appointment on the calendar.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It's not that I don't have DND... I have the same as you pictured. It's just not as robust as on the Pixel 2 XL

cdc2ad81433c2588d1109e17263d407e.jpg
0d68a392430a8dd329526e501a23406f.jpg

athensjohn

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from the Pixel 2xl as well. Do I need to use Tasker to set up Do Not Disturb for calendar entries? I'm sure there are lots of Note 9 users who have set their phone to automatically enter Do Not Disturb when entering a meeting. I can't seem to find that setting. I have been spoiled by this feature. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from the Pixel 2xl as well. Do I need to use Tasker to set up Do Not Disturb for calendar entries? I'm sure there are lots of Note 9 users who have set their phone to automatically enter Do Not Disturb when entering a meeting. I can't seem to find that setting. I have been spoiled by this feature. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.

I've used this:

Silence Premium

It gives more flexibility on DND and also silences during meetings. Works well!

athensjohn

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I only want the phone silenced when I have an entry in my calendar. This is part of stock Android so I"m not sure why Samsung removed it. It looks like silences the phone for blocks of time like my entire work day or at night.

I looked at Silence Premium in the Play Store and I might try it. I'm hesitant because most of the recent reviews are 1 star reviews saying it doesn't work. It looks like there is a trial app so I'll probably test that before I purchase the paid version.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Try using good lock and routines, both are on the Samsung store and are Samsung apps.

Heck, just use goodlock anyway.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Well I thought it was good to go. I thought I did a successful testing, but do not disturb won't turn off at the end time of the routine.
I expected it to act like the built in do not disturb.
Am I don't something wrong?
Suggestions please...

Ok, now it seems that the ROUTINES in GOODLOCK are reverting to previous condition after the end time.

Last edited:

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I was spoiled with Pixel Do Not Disturb too! Sad that Samsung doesn't have a robust Do Not Disturb. The Silencer app is the only app I've found that works. I noticed it's not on the App Store anymore. I found it on APK Pure https://apk-dl.com/silencer-do-not-disturb-app/com.nm.silencer It doesn't interfere with alarms. (Also a great alarm app is CircleAlarm)

As mentioned above, the ROUTINES extention in GOOD LOCK is about as good as the DND options on Pixel and Moto phones, providing the ability to make more than one rule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol