Do Not Disturb settings changing on their own

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone had this happen since the update? It's driving me crazy!! It keeps changing to allow phone calls from anyone so now I've had my phone ring in class and this morning after I turned my alarm off and turned DND back on, it started ringing again!
I'm so irritated right now. Any ideas?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh no, that's so frustrating! I use Do Not Disturb every night from 11-7 and have not seen anything like this happen yet. Are you using a specific launcher or anything else that may be interfering with the OS?

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
No, nothing. The only other app that messes with DND is Android Auto, which I find equally annoying. I have to turn off DND twice after Android Auto connects. Maybe it's changing the settings...
I love my pixel 2, but I still miss Moto gestures.

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Oh no, that's so frustrating! I use Do Not Disturb every night from 11-7 and have not seen anything like this happen yet. Are you using a specific launcher or anything else that may be interfering with the OS?

Well that was easy enough to test. Sure enough, it was. Android Auto. Turned it on and checked my DND settings and there it was. Wow is that annoying!!!

I have to turn off DND when AA starts anyway or my podcasts won't play. What a bummer. I'm uninstalling it.

Attachments

• 96327.jpg
    96327.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Is that a regular Pixel 2? Mine has no trouble at all, but my wife's does wonky things with DND all the time. She's an Android Auto user too, so I'm going to check into that. I did a system reset on her phone recently; I'm not sure if she's still having the problem since then...

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Is that a regular Pixel 2? Mine has no trouble at all, but my wife's does wonky things with DND all the time. She's an Android Auto user too, so I'm going to check into that. I did a system reset on her phone recently; I'm not sure if she's still having the problem since then...

Regular Pixel 2. I checked without even being in my car. I think what's happening is it changes the settings and is supposed to change them back when the app is closed but it's not closing all the way. This just started with the last update, I'm not sure app or Android.
IDK. The really stupid thing is that it turns in DND at all. I couldn't figure out why my podcasts weren't playing for a week.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Well that was easy enough to test. Sure enough, it was. Android Auto. Turned it on and checked my DND settings and there it was. Wow is that annoying!!!

I have to turn off DND when AA starts anyway or my podcasts won't play. What a bummer. I'm uninstalling it.

I'm glad that you found out who the culprit was! That's definitely unfortunate. Let us know how your first DND goes without Android Auto installed!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yessica8yessica