Do people know if you add them to your whatsapp contacts list ?

A

AC Question

If X has Y's phone number and Y doesn't have X's phone number,will Y know X added her on Whatsapp?

X added Y's phone number to phone contacts and Y's Whatsapp contact shows up on the Whatsapp contact list immediately. X didn't send Y anything ,X just blocked Y.
Will X show up on Y's Whatsapp contact list? Will Y see someone added her ? Will Y see X's phone number? Will Y know X added her to whatsapp contact? Will Y see any information about X? Will Y see anything about X?

Or will Y simply know nothing about it?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You lost me halfway through the Xs and Ys, but I got the gist of it.

Short answer: Nope, Y will not even know you added her.

Long answer: When you add someone's phone number to your contacts, Whatsapp will automatically detect those that have a Whatsapp account and show up there, BUT if those contacts have you on their list or not is irrelevant at this point. They will not know that you added them or you that they added you or not. As for the amount of data you can see on a Whatsapp contact, it will depend on how both are connected. If you look at a contact that you've never had contact with (no matter if they have you in their contact list as well) or if you send a message to a Whatsapp contact that doesn't have you in their contacts, your message will be sent, but unless they choose to reply, you will not be able to see any data like status, name, last seen, etc. Only if they reply to you will you then be both 'active' in each other's Contact list and be able to see more data about the contact as allowed by their privacy settings.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I have plenty of WhatsApp contacts that don't have me in their contacts but I still get to see their info like status, last seen etc. Could be based on each persons settings because some don't show this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay