Do Pixel Phones Have Inferior Antennas?

Fisher99

Jul 27, 2019
Visit site
I'm still leaning toward the issue being your use of the MVNO.
It's a good theory but as I posted earlier, Visible moved away from the MVNO model a few months ago and is more or a straight Verizon prepaid model. All Visible subscribers had to get new SIMs in that move.

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm still leaning toward the issue being your use of the MVNO.
Curious about this one, why?
Are you thinking that they restrict tower-bands on MVNO devices? I guess this is theoretically possible, but seems like it'd be odd. Or were thinking it's a 5G issue, where the MVNO doesn't get full access, in some way?

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Some mvno's are in fact restricted in the bands they can access. In Canada, Koodo is a sub of Telus and didn't offer 5g plans until a few months ago.
The sim issued by the carrier will determine what bands the phone has access to.
As to why? $ is why, the rates they negotiate determine what bands and services they are willing to pay for.

Last edited:

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, the 5G debacle in this regard is disappointing. We just saw this mostly "settle out", for 4G/LTE, not so long ago. I guess I was thinking along those lines, instead of the fact some of the bandwidth is being repurposed, for 5G.
I'm glad I can use TMo in the US these days; it's decent where I'm at. They very rarely play these games around carrier-branded/iOS phones. I was with ATT for a long time, and picked my way around BYO, non-carrier devices for most of that, almost always frustrated about the insanity of it all, particularly the fact they try to brush it off as "technical reasons", because "business decisions" doesn't look very warm and friendly...

samcrowjax

Jan 5, 2024
Visit site
Yo, peep this – when it comes to phones, it's all about them antennas, you feel me? So, like, Pixel phones and iPhones, they ain't rocking the same antenna game. They got their own styles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana