Do you guys have restarts after 4.0.4?..

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Forced the 4.0.4 update and so far it seems everything is smooth and i like it but then today.. clicked an email in the notification bar.. and again it froze, and restarted..? I thought this was supposed to fix that problem.. otherwise thats my only complaint i guess.. what about you guys? :(

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I have never had a problem with the phone rebooting, and I've had one since launch day. I'm inclined to believe that a lot of the random rebooting that people are experiencing is a result of poorly coded apps.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I have never had a problem with the phone rebooting, and I've had one since launch day. I'm inclined to believe that a lot of the random rebooting that people are experiencing is a result of poorly coded apps.

I agree. When I was stock I never really had a bunch of reboots. I'm rooted now though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I hardly have any reboots. But I support the fact that poorly coded apps are the cause of these reboots. While doing simple tasks such as opening an email, the bad app could be running in the background and then encounters an issue which causes the reboot to happen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I never had a reboot problem. I think a random reboot here and there happens with any phone. I do thin a lot of the issues has to do with poor apps like some of the others mentioned.

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I had a reboot yesterday while surfing the web with Android Browser 3+.

had the same issue about 5x since Jan. before the update

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine rebooted often but I suspect it was the apps.

I just got 4.04 today so Im hoping they have fixed that. My radios worked fine.

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I had a few reboots on 4.0.2 with navihation in google maps, but after the 4.0.4 update I have not had any reboots. Check the last app you installed, might help to narrow down if it's the app that is causing the reboots.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I used to have occasional reboots, like one a week or longer, but have had none in my heavy user post update. I'm happy :)

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Had a couple since I got the phone (release day) but it had been awhile since I have had one. Then updated to 4.04 yesterday morning and had two reboots after the update. One was right after closing gmail, the other the phone was just sitting there. These where within just a couple hours of the update and no more since then. Hopefully that will just be it.

whodatt

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Have not had one since installing 4.0.4 when it was leaked a while back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Well thats weird.. i get usually 1-3 a day.. yea.. its pissing me off.. On 4.0.4 i only have good apps though maybe ill uninstall some that don't work to well.. it started happening a couple weeks after the first 4.0.2 update. And ever since, opening an email from the notification bar or fruit ninja from an app folder, just freezes and reboots. Its fast at rebooting but come on.. 1-3 a day sucks.. So maybe ill try uninstall some horrible ics apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds