Do you guys leave your apps in recents after using it?

1NearbyAccident1

May 27, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys,

Like mentioned, do you guys leave app open in recents or do you actually swipe to close the app? Is there an advantage like mentioned somewhere in the interweb that closing apps frequently used will cause battery drain etc?

Also while i'm at it, do you guys also leave location,bluetooth and sync on all the time or only switch it on when you need it?

Thanks for the help

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Location, Bluetooth and sync on all the time, yes.

Leave apps in recents? Yup. Just because they're there does not mean they're still in memory, they're just recently used. Conversely, just because you've swiped it out of recents does not mean that it's released the memory it was using, the phone may still keep it in memory for fast access. That leads in to the other portion of that question - modern operating systems can use predictive logic to pre-load apps or parts of apps into memory in the background, for faster loading. By removing those apps from memory using a memory cleaner app you're actually going to contribute to worse battery life and slower app loads.

1NearbyAccident1

May 27, 2020
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Do you also turn on wifi and bluetooth scanning? Because when just switching location on my device seem to be struggling trying to pinpoint a location especially when i'm outside and using data.

I don't use cleaner app to clear my recents but after i use an app Whatsapp or reddit for example i would just swipe it away in recents but will continue to open those app throughout the day

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't close any app from Recents unless one of them gives me any problem. General performance, multitasking and battery life will be worse if you keep closing them. With Bluetooth and Location I switch them on only when needed.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I leave location and Wi-Fi on all the time. I leave syncing of two exchange email accounts on all the time (push).

I don't use Bluetooth or NFC, so those are off.

I do clear out apps from the app list once or twice a day. It's more of an OCD thing, but does that really affect the battery? With everything that does run on these devices these days, closing the 4 apps I use regularly is really just a drop in the bucket of all things that are using the battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2