Do you have always on display on?

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
no. Double tap to turn on.

Just a heads up, I used to have this on until I found out the proximity sensor isn't working correctly so the screen can still turn on in your pocket.

I tested it too by covering the sensor and tapping. Still worked.

To answer the op, I don't because I have a Galaxy watch so it would be redundant.

rolexreviews

Feb 23, 2019
Visit site
I only have it on while charging.

I usually turn it in manually when I'm at the gym cause I have headphones connected to the overhead TV and cant hear my phone so I need to see at a glance if any notifications have came in

but I haven't been at the gym in a while so...

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Not on here... It's usually in my pocket so I usually feel it go off. If I don't it's not a terrible loss for me. I know everyone says it doesn't cost much battery but why tax the screen and your battery to sit in your pocket?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Just a heads up, I used to have this on until I found out the proximity sensor isn't working correctly so the screen can still turn on in your pocket.

I tested it too by covering the sensor and tapping. Still worked.

To answer the op, I don't because I have a Galaxy watch so it would be redundant.

There is also a tap to wake up AOD, which gives you 30 seconds of the feature and then turns off. I'm not sure if that's what he meant or not.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
How do you set up AOD to turn on with a tap? I assume this is different than double tap to wake, which goes to the lock screen.
go to AOD settings and scroll down to display mode, tap that and set to tap.
1f581022a2cc1f1bad9277c8a9440f58.jpg

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Always on. As others have said it's a core feature of the phone. It would be silly not to use it. It uses almost no battery power so what in the world is the down side?

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Always on. As others have said it's a core feature of the phone. It would be silly not to use it. It uses almost no battery power so what in the world is the down side?

On my usage it uses between 4-6% each day...guess it depends on the user how much that matters. Think the phone drops between 2-4% more per hour with AOD always on compared to just tap to show.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely user preference, I don't mind the battery usage myself. I would love for an update to AOD.

My wish list would be a setting that AOD is only on when there's a notification. And you could select a add on that it will be on while charging as I use it for my alarm clock. Of course be able to select wireless charging, wired charging, or both.

So until above option is available, I'll stick to always on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC