Do you use case for phone?

Are you using case for your phone?

• Total voters

anon(10300249)

Aug 20, 2017
Visit site
I want to make a poll and see what percentage of people are using cases for their phones. Personally I like my phone's look when it's slim without case, but I prefer protection over looks and thus I'm using case. What about you. Let's see results how many are using cases and how many not.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I usually do... but the S9 is so slick without one that I had to try it. No matter how thin a case was, anything that I put on it made it lose some of that smooth profile. So I went caseless with a thin-film protector and so far so good. Love how it looks and gleams in the sunlight (cases took away some of that, too!). However, I am conscious that I can't drop this now. And I still use a case when I go to the pool since most of the time the phone will be on the floor while I float around with BT headphones.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I want to make a poll and see what percentage of people are using cases for their phones. Personally I like my phone's look when it's slim without case, but I prefer protection over looks and thus I'm using case. What about you. Let's see results how many are using cases and how many not.

You should create a poll

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I usually do... but the S9 is so slick without one that I had to try it. No matter how thin a case was, anything that I put on it made it lose some of that smooth profile. So I went caseless with a thin-film protector and so far so good. Love how it looks and gleams in the sunlight (cases took away some of that, too!). However, I am conscious that I can't drop this now. And I still use a case when I go to the pool since most of the time the phone will be on the floor while I float around with BT headphones.

It's takes courage to go caseless on an all glass phone. I couldn't do that unless I had insurance and even then I'm not sure I would risk it.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I really love the look and feel of my V30 but there's no way I'd go without. I just used a thin case but it does offer some protection and grip.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I really love the look and feel of my V30 but there's no way I'd go without. I just used a thin case but it does offer some protection and grip.

I am with ffejjj.

I love the look of my bare LG V30. However, the glass back is both fragile and slick to the touch. Thus, it is the first phone I have put a case on.

That said, my Spigen Neo Hybrid case looks good, too.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I always use a case with my phones; but they are always thin so they can still retain their original form, feel and shape as much as possible. Good thread topic - thanks for posting!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I pay full retail price for my phones. Of course I'm going to use a case.

Though I understand the money reference, that alone is not necessarily the justification for case usage. There are also varying levels of protection depending on case materials and design.

I paid full price for my Pixel 2XL and sometimes I use a minimalistic case or no case at all....other times I use something that offers more protection. Now if you have an all glass phone a strong case is s must, however there are people who just say no and sometimes learn the hard way.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I understand that, but for me, the case is necessary. I don't want to lose out on my $1,057 investment (Pixel 2 XL, 128GB).

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Depends on the phone. I just used a skin and tempered glass screen protector on the Alcatel idol 3 since it was pretty cheap. I've used a good case and screen protector on more expensive phones like the Nexus 6, OnePlus 3T and Pixel 2.

kgambino

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Though I understand the money reference, that alone is not necessarily the justification for case usage. There are also varying levels of protection depending on case materials and design.

I paid full price for my Pixel 2XL and sometimes I use a minimalistic case or no case at all....other times I use something that offers more protection. Now if you have an all glass phone a strong case is s must, however there are people who just say no and sometimes learn the hard way.
I use a case similar to this one. Wallet stays in my purse. Phone case has magnets and connects to wallet. This is girlie, but they do have other styles. They may be a little bulky for men, though. This one is from Cellular Outfitters. WLT-SAM-SGS5-2BF21_7_1_6695c712-2f49-45aa-bde5-eb86ee394f80_1000x.jpg