Do you want us to keep playing the launch date guessing game?

Should we keep reporting all the wild-ass ThunderBolt launch date rumors?

• Total voters

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Lemme put it this way: Not a single person, site or blog -- us included -- has been correct so far in predicting, guessing, leaking or just making **** up as to when the HTC ThunderBolt will launch. So I'm pretty much not inclined to play the guessing game anymore on the blog side of things. It'll be out when it's out.

Or, would you rather we keep spinning the wheel? You decide. I'll make Jerry do all the posts either way. :p

Geeksy

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Let us have fun cheering about cupholders and laser phones, and show the angry people who shout and bicker about grammar and each other the back o' yer hand.

We've lost a lot of fantastically fun threads to flames and anger. We're all tired, we're all frustrated, can we please for the love of Phil have some freaking fun?!

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I threw out a suggestion to have a GAME thread about making up our own reasons for the delays, entirely fabricated and possibly comical (and totally made up reasons)... But it was the "bad/closing day" that I suggested it, and was asked not to start one so soon...

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
FLIP YES! We love speculation threads, cause we're suckers for punishment! If it wasn't for missed release dates, the ThunderBolt hype would be minimal. KEEP EM COMING! :p

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
leave the speculation to the chumps... you keep do'n what your do'n... besides there plenty of the guessing game going on here in the forums!!

holophoner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
This one was a tough vote for me. In the end I voted for continued speculation and work for Jerry. The speculation definitely helps to keep me interested, but it also makes me frustrated and worry a little as to whether or not the phone is going to be a lemon. It seems like losing game to keep speculating...best to pull a Price is Right and bid $1 and hope for the best.

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I promised my dad that this thing would be out before his contract needed to be renewed. As long as it's out by then (April?), I really don't care.

But I voted "Yes", because I want to see Jerry get pushed around a bit. I'm sorry. I'm a masochist.

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I think the better poll would be "How many people have been banned and how many threads have been closed or are being closely watched from playing the launch date guessing game?".

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Enough is enough and I am glad AC is not fueling the fire.

Lemme put it this way: Not a single person, site or blog -- us included -- has been correct so far in predicting, guessing, leaking or just making **** up as to when the HTC ThunderBolt will launch....

Glad to hear Phil stepping up!

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I think the better poll would be "How many people have been banned and how many threads have been closed or are being closely watched from playing the launch date guessing game?".

Guessing game is okay as long as you slam the banhammer on those who are intent on trolling and flamethrowing.

BigDogDVJ

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Why not keep it going... I've got nothing to do other than sit here and hit the refresh key over and over again...

My wife doesn't recognize me anymore cuz I haven't showered in weeks...

My coworkers (when I take the time to leave the keyboard) don't listen to me anymore when I give them the "rock solid" inside info on when the Bolt will be released...

I love the ridicule!

Someone... anyone... please h e l p me! :)

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Keep the speculation going. Everyone knows you guys are passing on what you know at this point. But I would like to believe you guys may glean some other things from your sources .

Carry on and post what you know or what you think you do. I am all for it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

daeupher

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So far, I've been a lurker just reading through all of the threads in hopes of learning everything I can about the TB. I joined to learn more about Android as I get ready to move away from my old Touch Pro 2.
Most of the threads have been fun to read and in a friendly spirit. It's really a shame that so many trolls have vented their anger at the "delays" by flaming others who just want to keep the excitement going a bit by speculating.
My thought: keep 'em going, and if you don't like the speculation, just stay away from those threads that make your blood preassure rise. You really don't have to read every post!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShockwaveGBB