does a stylus / s pen work with A5? i want to remote desktop

Fred P

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
any ideas how to use remote desktop onto a Windows 7 pc from the a 5?

the remote desk app works but my fingers are a little too big ! thanks

Fred P

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
No, an S Pen does not work. A cheap stylus will but that doesn't really make a difference vs fingers,

what type of cheap stylus are you referring to? the screen is capacitive, so this limits the material. i have tried metal, plastic, rubber,all sorts of staples & paper clips, the only thing that worked apart from my finger was a gold ring.

have you tried actually this with a 'cheap stylus' ?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
what type of cheap stylus are you referring to? the screen is capacitive, so this limits the material. i have tried metal, plastic, rubber,all sorts of staples & paper clips, the only thing that worked apart from my finger was a gold ring.

have you tried actually this with a 'cheap stylus' ?

Yes, because the one dollar styluses I buy from the local mall all work. None of what you tried would work because for one thing, that's now how styluses work. The cheap styluses have a special conductive material that allows the screen to detect it like a finger. It's not just a plain rubber tip. Also, most devices have a limit on how small the stylus could be. Most screens can't take anything smaller than a crayon.

The only reason Notes work with the S-Pen because they have a second layer which emits EM waves that the pen detects and reacts to.

Fred P

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the answer

Yes, because the one dollar styluses I buy from the local mall all work. None of what you tried would work because for one thing, that's now how styluses work. The cheap styluses have a special conductive material that allows the screen to detect it like a finger. It's not just a plain rubber tip. Also, most devices have a limit on how small the stylus could be. Most screens can't take anything smaller than a crayon.

The only reason Notes work with the S-Pen because they have a second layer which emits EM waves that the pen detects and reacts to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
orubahealth