does any webcam stream video to droid

MDC#AC

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I use a Linksys webcam to keep an eye on my elderly relative. I used coreplayer on my windows mobile phone to view streaming video from the webcam. now I have a droid and the Linksys is not viewable. is there any webcam that the streaming video is viewable on the droid or an app or software that will work? thank you for help.

MDC#AC

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion of IP cam viewer. I have it and it will not work with my camera, and I question whether it just gives a jpeg image or actually streams video from web cams. I would like to stream the video from the webcam to my phone just as I have been doing for the last 4 years on my old windows mobile phone. shouldn't backward compatibility with existing technology be easier than this? thanks again for the suggestion.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I haven't tried it with the Droid yet, but I used to use WebCamXP to stream to my other phones. The nice thing about WebCamXP is that it supports multiple streaming options, and I believe it was the option to stream in Javascript that worked with my previous WM phones. I'm sure the same would be true with Android.