Does anyone else's GS3 has a lag when you wake it from sleep?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
whenever i awake it after the screen turns off, i have like a 1-2 second lag between the pressing of the power button, and the screen actually turning on

is anyone else having this issue?

abhijit1289

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
whenever i awake it after the screen turns off, i have like a 1-2 second lag between the pressing of the power button, and the screen actually turning on

We seemed to be having the exact same bug on our one Xs as well. Got fixed by software updates :)

Thank me if I helped.... You know I'll do it again :) Oh, and by the way, Sent from my HTC One X

abhijit1289

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Are you rooted cause if you are then you can change the governer of the processor?
If you're not then I guess you're relying on Sammy for that or the other members.
Just my 2C

Thank me if I helped.... You know I'll do it again :) Oh, and by the way, Sent from my HTC One X

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the phone but I assume there is an s voice app, if so open it and hit the menu button? Sorry if this is beginners stuff to you, just wanting to help.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The lag on the home button doesnt have to do with the lag on the power button. So I dont believe turning S-Voice off will affect it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sammy has always been known with the SGS line for having a little 1-2 second delay when waking the device...

Not sure why, just the way it has always seemed to be...

slide83

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow, this really concerns me. Can anyone confirm that taking out the SD card fixes this? That isn't an ideal fix but I could possibly live without a sd card if it meant eliminating this problem.

Why would none of the reviews mention this? Has Samsung acknowledged this issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahholbrook122