Does anyone know how to transfer Whatsapp messages from iOS to Android?

DanielLui1

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
So, I recently got a Samsung Galaxy S7 back on December 21, 2016 and switched from iPhone but there's been one thing that I still bothers me that I haven't figured out and can't seem to find a working solution to. I have Whatsapp messages that are stuck on my iPhone 6 that I'm trying to transfer to my Samsung Galaxy S7 and to further complicate the situation, I switched service providers too and in the process of switching service providers, I ported my phone number from my old provider to the new provider. Can anyone help?

P.S. For better context, I'm from Toronto and switched from Koodo to Freedom Mobile (I'm not sure if that's relevant info) and I'm still able to access the Whatsapp messages from my iPhone over WiFi and by entering my cell phone number to verify my account.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That link mentions two methods that don't require any other 3rd party apps. At the end, they mention installing FonePaw iOS Transfer if you want to "more than just WhatsApp messages." But I haven't tried it, since I don't have an iOS device, nor do I use WhatsApp.

bluegoho

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
While Whatsapp on iOS uses iCloud Drive to backup chats, but on Android they use Google Drive, so it's impossible to cross platform restore WhatsApp messages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reheg