Does anyone recognize this number/letter format?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Once last month and then again a few days ago I opened my clipboard to find 40 to 50 recently copied snippets (all different) of a number/letter combination in this configuration xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx. That's 8 characters, 4 characters, 4 characters, 4 characters, 12 characters. Only numbers and letters.

I did not copy these manually. It happened when my phone was not being used (screen was off, phone was not) while I was sleeping.

Does anyone recognize what this format represents and what might be happening to my phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This would be unlikely, but could they be some kind of 2-factor authentication code? On my Pixel 7 Pro, when I get a 2-factor code via SMS, it automatically gets copied to the clipboard. That's a pretty long string of characters to be a 2-factor code, but I don't know if enterprise might use codes this long.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz