Does factory reset remove the administrator on the phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I bought this phone second hand and I'm trying to get rid of the administrator that I bought it from

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
No, all a Factory Reset does is wipe the user data partition clean. Contrary to what a lot of people mistakenly claim, it does not 'wipe the phone clean' -- the installed Android operating system before a Factory Reset will be the same as after a Factory Reset. (Just think it through, if the operating system was indeed deleted, how would a phone work any more?). The issue you're now stuck with is the Google account this phone was originally linked to in order to authenticate its user to their online Google services has to be removed. That's something that has to be done by the previous, original owner of the phone. They need to go into the phone's Settings menu and intentionally remove their Google account. At this point, you're kind of screwed -- if you know who the previous owner is have remove their Google account status. Otherwise, return this phone as it is going to be a hassle to get it 'clean' again. You need to go through the process of obtaining the correct, stock firmware and flash it to replace the installed Android operating system with a clean one.

I'd recommend you return the phone if that's possible, and just buy something new. If the previous owner didn't bother with getting the phone properly prepared to sell off, there's also a good chance there are other potential problems tied to it. Instead of fighting with this phone so it's actually yours, just get a phone that just works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey