Does Google Wallet still work if I root my phone?

2kmy477

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Nexus yesterday, setup Google Wallet right after and got the $10 credit. I check again this morning, $50 already available in my account. My question is if I root my phone, am I able to use the available $ to buy stuff? I heard some people have mentioned as soon as it's root, the device will become an "Unsupported device", can anyone confirm? Thanks.

Gerynar

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It will work rooted. The unsupported device means that if a rogue app gains access to you Google wallet info, Google can do nothing to help you. Since rooting can give apps complete access to info on the phone it can be tricky for you in you keep any personal financial information in Google wallet

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: 2kmy477

Seauxcrazy

May 13, 2012
Visit site
3 weeks after from the day u activated ur nexus

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

I knew that, but he said he just got his Nexus yesterday, signed up for Wallet yesterday and today he already had the $40 added.

and btw, its not 3 weeks after Nexus is activated, its dependent on when you activated Google Wallet.

2kmy477

May 27, 2010
Visit site
3 weeks after from the day u activated ur nexus

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

I was very surprised too this morning when I checked the balance of my Google Wallet and saw the $50 already in my account. I went to 7/11 this afternoon and bought some groceries there and paid with the Wallet, worked great.

scoobdude

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Apparently it is determined when you activate the prepaid card on your GNEX. Activated my phone on 4-23 and still no credit. and i can't get any help at all. Bought to drop sprint right now cause of this an other issues. ugggg

Yeti89

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Nothing, just that Google does not support a rooted device if any info is stolen. Google Wallet should still work.

And here I thought it meant I couldn't use it after reading about people bricking their Google wallet. Thanks :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teneika lee