Does latest Update 98.18.94.XT907 break root on M

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Im hesitant on updating, im rooted, does it break my root?
Yes. It breaks root and you lose custom recovery :(
From the xda-dev thread: "So I was not paying enough attention today and I let my phone upgrade to 9.18.94. The phone had been previously rooted and I also had a custom recovery ROM installed. The OTA update seems to have gone pretty smoothly but at this point I think I've lost all of the "custom" stuff I had done - namely the recovery ROM and the root access. I knew this was likely to happen but unfortunately it slipped my mind before I did the upgrade."

Ken Dando

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes. It breaks root and you lose custom recovery :(
From the xda-dev thread: "So I was not paying enough attention today and I let my phone upgrade to 9.18.94. The phone had been previously rooted and I also had a custom recovery ROM installed. The OTA update seems to have gone pretty smoothly but at this point I think I've lost all of the "custom" stuff I had done - namely the recovery ROM and the root access. I knew this was likely to happen but unfortunately it slipped my mind before I did the upgrade."

Bummer ill wait on upgrading until a method is reached.

neveleft

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Bummer ill wait on upgrading until a method is reached.

Im rooted on the RAZR m and just took the 98.18.94 update and it did lose root but I have voodoo root keeper installed and it gave me root back on the new update have read a few other people who had the same luck