Does the black model scratch or chip easier than the silver?

Bm96

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm considering black over silver and was wondering if I wasn't to throw a case on it would it get scratched more than the silver one would? Considering that the black is powder coated and the silver model is bare aluminum, are there any issues between them?? Thanks!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
The scratch tests have been pretty conclusive that one isn't better for another on that point. I'd like to take a moment to illustrate that dings aren't scratches. If you ding up the black one, it will show up silver. If you ding up the silver one, it shows up silver as well :p Silver hides overall damage better says the guy who doesn't use a case.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
The main problem of the One is that the borders are in metal and easily get scratchs and chips whatever its black or silver,add to that the poor coating on the screen and camera lens that get scratches very easily too even if you are very careful.
You HAVE TO use a double flip cover if you want to use a One

ITemplate

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
The main problem of the One is that the borders are in metal and easily get scratchs and chips whatever its black or silver,add to that the poor coating on the screen and camera lens that get scratches very easily too even if you are very careful.
You HAVE TO use a double flip cover if you want to use a One

Are you serious? That would be a show-stopper for me I guess. I too, am (was) considering the black edition. And I don't mind taking care of my phone but it is a utility item, and as such, it must be able to lay on a desk etc. Without cover! The phone would be ridiculously large in my pocket with a cover...

Can others with the black edition confirm that a cover is necessary?
Can others with the white edition confirm that a cover is necessary?

beatyqnmd

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
let's see how things turn up
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

whoahbro

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I was worried about this too. I went with the black anyway as I read it was actually pretty tough. My experience mirrored what I heard. This black One has been a beast. I don't have any scratches that have gone down past the layer of black.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
above30phoneguy