Does the GNex stand above the competition?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
HTC has the Rezound, the Dinc Incredible, and their One line, Samasung has their SGS3, and Moto has the Razr Maxx. Is the GNex still stand above its competition,or is the GNex starting to slide into the history books? Personally this phone is still #1 to me but wanted the opinions of others. Thanks!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
you had to be at the top to STILL be at the top.

Not trolling, just saying with all the issues surrounding the phone I would not put it at the top.

Ironzey

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Nope, weak wifi, the screen isn't spectacular, I've found that the battery life dose not live up to the hype, the GSM radios aren't that fast when compared to current top-tier phones. Doesn't win the spec comparison(if you put a lot into that kind of stuff) it was all that 6 months ago, now not so much.

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Considering that these new phones aren't even here yet, USA that is, versus what is available today, again in the US, then yes, the GNEX is STILL the top dog on the block. My wife has the RAZR and my daughter has the RAZR MAXX. Neither hold a candle to the GNEX. Once these new phones are actually available to us then maybe the GNEX falls behind somewhat. But you still can't beat pure ICS.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
In my instance, yeah my phone is way on top. Never had issues from Dec 15th.
Locked bootloader on moto phones? Take a wire to short out pins on the rezound? No thanks.
I bought this phone for the incredible developer support and I got it in spades! The developer support on ANY other phone is pathetic.

Transmitted wirelessly via Tapatalk2

jamontoast1291

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
For me personally it does. There isn't a phone out or announced that makes me even consider replacing my Nexus. Hardware wise there are some phones that seem marginally better in terms of the processor, but worse with a non-removable battery or the biggest thing, Sense/touchwiz.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
^^+1 oh yeah, that sense, blur, touchwiz nonsense is crap.
Once you experience a true AOSP rom, them skinned stuff is junk.

Transmitted wirelessly via Tapatalk2

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It is one of the best phones on the market now and for the next year with a removable battery which for me is a huge issue.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus vs the Galaxy S line....IMO the Galaxy S line will be considered the better of the two. Samsung hit a home run with the Galaxy S2. I cant see them topping that anytime soon.

The G Nex stands out for the good things about it: one is its first phone with ICS. Its one of the few phones that has stock Android. Overall.....thats another story.

Just about any current Android phone can stand above the competition based on what it does good. Depends on your wants n needs, what cons you can live with, overlook.

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
HTC has the Rezound, the Dinc Incredible, and their One line, Samasung has their SGS3, and Moto has the Razr Maxx. Is the GNex still stand above its competition,or is the GNex starting to slide into the history books? Personally this phone is still #1 to me but wanted the opinions of others. Thanks!

As someone who (for now) is (unfortunately) locked in with VZW, yes.

I would not purchase the Rezound or the Incredible knowing HTC's clear top of the line product is the One series. (Now if you want to ask whether the One series is better than the Nexus, I'll go with probably but you would probably want to ask someone who has used one)

I would not purchase anything from Motorola (locked bootloader, release a new phone every 2 months? Get lost)

I think the SGS3 certainly is something to be reckoned with given the success of the SGS2 but as of now, it's not out for Verizon yet.

So yes, I've owned the best phone (IMHO) that Verizon has to offer since Dec 2011 (although there are moments I've considered giving up all that for a slightly more accurate hardware keyboard. And once I go to visit the Droid4 and Stratosphere forums, I instantly coming screeching back here :p)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
As someone who (for now) is (unfortunately) locked in with VZW, yes.

I would not purchase the Rezound or the Incredible knowing HTC's clear top of the line product is the One series. (Now if you want to ask whether the One series is better than the Nexus, I'll go with probably but you would probably want to ask someone who has used one)

I would not purchase anything from Motorola (locked bootloader, release a new phone every 2 months? Get lost)

I think the SGS3 certainly is something to be reckoned with given the success of the SGS2 but as of now, it's not out for Verizon yet.

So yes, I've owned the best phone (IMHO) that Verizon has to offer since Dec 2011 (although there are moments I've considered giving up all that for a slightly more accurate hardware keyboard. And once I go to visit the Droid4 and Stratosphere forums, I instantly coming screeching back here :p)

My sentiments exactly :).

kenshell

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
No issue with mine since I have had it.

Still seems to be at the top of the food chain to me.

verizion had a sale on the extended battery for $25 so thats a plus :)