Does the LG G4 beep when the battery is full ... and beep...and beep....

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
One annoying issue with the G3 is that it will beep when the battery is full and often continue beeping every so often. It's quite annoying. I have my phone set to silent at night to avoid this behavior. Is the G4 plagued with the same issue?

Thanks!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Yep. It does beep to confirm that the battery is full, but so far, it hasn't continuously beeped when it's fully charged for me.

It was an annoyance on the G3, but haven't had it so far on my G4...not yet at least.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I only get a single sound notification of full charge on both my G3 and G4.

Posted via the Android Central App

jrodjrxbox

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
One annoying issue with the G3 is that it will beep when the battery is full and often continue beeping every so often. It's quite annoying. I have my phone set to silent at night to avoid this behavior. Is the G4 plagued with the same issue?

Thanks!

It sounds like your phone it's discharging rather quickly then automatically recharging i would check your cord and see if some app is running crazy

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all!

I do believe it is charging/discharging in cycles. I have tried the OEM cable and charger as well as others. But I haven't considered the idea of an app doing it.

It does do it when I'm playing Google Music while plugged in. It does it when I'm doing nothing so an app may be doing it. Will investigate.

Just seems like it shouldn't. I was actually considering a G4 just to get away from it.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I ended up happily selling my G3... ok, not so happy because its value had plummeted after 11 months and I only got $180 for it plus a lot of accessories. I got a Nexus 6P and love it. No more nighttime beeping either.

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
The G3 did a continuous beep every few minutes after fully charging. This was not a defect but something LG purposely added to the phone. The G4 does not do this. It beeps once and then that is it.

Hindude

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
G4 soft beeps once when charged, red led turns green and that's it.
It will also soft bleep once when you place it on a QI charging pad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jraven