Does this device support different Font?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Ooh that's a nice font!
Thanks brother! Yeah it's a bit different but I've always enjoyed anything unique or different with taste. There was a font on Samsung's play store called Dave ribbons I think. It was similar to this. Not anything overboard but different enough to enjoy looking at. I had no idea that this device was capable of altering fonts until I came across a thread on the XDA site which then prompted me to post my question here as to how exactly to download and apply. Although I'm still unsure how exactly I was able to move both font files to the themes I now can always be looking around for cool looking different fonts. As for themes I'm using one from Honor's preloaded themes but replaced the wallpapers for home and lock screens. I think im using halo. I've not searched for other EMUI themes. Are there a collection of themes like there are fonts that you may know about. I'd like to really just change my icon pack out more than change this user theme. I'll do some digging on that but if you happen to know of some, please let me know if you don't mind. I thanks again brother.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks brother! Yeah it's a bit different but I've always enjoyed anything unique or different with taste. There was a font on Samsung's play store called Dave ribbons I think. It was similar to this. Not anything overboard but different enough to enjoy looking at. I had no idea that this device was capable of altering fonts until I came across a thread on the XDA site which then prompted me to post my question here as to how exactly to download and apply. Although I'm still unsure how exactly I was able to move both font files to the themes I now can always be looking around for cool looking different fonts. As for themes I'm using one from Honor's preloaded themes but replaced the wallpapers for home and lock screens. I think im using halo. I've not searched for other EMUI themes. Are there a collection of themes like there are fonts that you may know about. I'd like to really just change my icon pack out more than change this user theme. I'll do some digging on that but if you happen to know of some, please let me know if you don't mind. I thanks again brother.
There is an iOS like theme on XDA as well too. I have used just the icons from that theme before. You install them the same way as you did with the fonts.

In the theme editor, you have the option to just change the icons as well. There is a stockify theme in the play store that also can give you different icons I think. A cool thing about this is that you can apply the theme and then change the icons in the theme editor. That way, you get to have both. Same goes for fonts!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
There is an iOS like theme on XDA as well too. I have used just the icons from that theme before. You install them the same way as you did with the fonts.

In the theme editor, you have the option to just change the icons as well. There is a stockify theme in the play store that also can give you different icons I think. A cool thing about this is that you can apply the theme and then change the icons in the theme editor. That way, you get to have both. Same goes for fonts!
You are the man! I'm still going through this tough customization learning curve since I only used Apple until about a year ago. Of course there is zero altering apple OS so basically I never had to teach myself much more than the surface of software. The development and ability to alter and tweak software has intrigued me so lately I've been more and more researching the how to but at the same time I've been careful not to get over my head in fear of damaging or messing up my phones. I'm tempted to root or jailbreak or exploit my Nexus 6p but I've not yet tried. Mostly been reading trying to take it all in before I attempt it. I can tell you without doubt the software on the Honor 8 to me is way more enjoyable than stock or pure Android. I like Honor's hybrid combination of IOS and Android personally.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I love seeing what fonts people prefer, it's one of those things that is very personal.
At the moment I'm using capsuula

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethstephen