does this mean android wear 2.0 is delayed again?

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
The rough translation I'm getting is someone asking "When will the update be available?" and LG responding that it's "delayed due to their development schedule."

Sounds like either they're having issues that still need fixed, or they have other more important projects on the go and this has been set aside.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
At&T needs to add its own NumberSync feature in. That will be another couple weeks. That link is for non-AT&T version w200L

CharlesLive

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I installed this version and it has settings for NumberSync, which is specific to AT&T. So I doubt there's any real difference between releases, except for Verizon's.

Last edited:

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Updated this morning but I found that setting up call-forwarding to request calls to phone be forwarded to watch does not work (MMI code error) on AT&T.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Updated this morning but I found that setting up call-forwarding to request calls to phone be forwarded to watch does not work (MMI code error) on AT&T.

Could this be a phone model vs network issue? Of course not sure why it would have worked before and not now. I updated yesterday and just successfully initiated a call forwarding request from the watch to the phone. I'm using Truphone (AT&T network MVNO).

I also tested Android Pay successfully paired by LTE, BT and disconnected from the phone entirely.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Been on a tech binge and I'm tapped out. But very soon I will secure the Gear 3 Frontier w/LTE to pair with my S8.

What will Wear 2.0 mean as regards this device? Any reason to wait or not buy at all?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Could this be a phone model vs network issue? Of course not sure why it would have worked before and not now. I updated yesterday and just successfully initiated a call forwarding request from the watch to the phone. I'm using Truphone (AT&T network MVNO).

I also tested Android Pay successfully paired by LTE, BT and disconnected from the phone entirely.
From what I gather, it is a phone model Issuse. I recently switched from AT&T version of HTC M9 to ZTE AXON 7. Regular call forwarding MMI code Google uses will only work on AT&T branded phones which I assume have some special handling for the MMI code.

On the same topic of MMI codes, Google Voice app will now totally mess up the MMI code remote invocation from AW watch if you configure GV for any dialing out features (I used to use it for dial international calls) regardless of phone models.

Last edited:

Tetragrammaton

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
f59d9b16821f7fcc63a582a0329dc544.jpg

61513dae50475237bd14699d1fcf9b1a.jpg

My phone does not connect via Bluetooth after one of the AW update on my phone, now I turned on WiFi and checked for updates and now it's downloading something. First pic is the FW-version now. Keep you all posted.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I was able to resolve my forwarding issue via a support call to my carrier (it was an IMEI miss-match problem on their end).

Anyway, my side-loaded AW 2.0 version info:
Android Wear

Google Play services
11.0.55(530-156917137)

Android IS

Android Security Patch Level
May, 1, 2017