Does your GS5 lag?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
What are some tips to remove lag on my GS5?

What in particular lags? Is it the home screen? Opening apps?

I believe eliminating animations will help a lot. Go into system settings - about phone. Tap the build number 7 times until it says you are a developer. A new developer options setting will appear, open that. Goto the animations and select animation off.

Let us know if you have questions.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
"Lag" is very subjective and really depends on what you expect to happen as a result of a particular function event.

There is a very noticeable delay when powering the phone up, I might call that Lag, but the O.S. is not fully loaded so that is unfair.

Some apps do not need any outside information and will just pop open immediately ready to go to work. The calculator is one example of this. "The Weather Channel" is an example of an app that needs a LOT of outside information before it can be fully functionable, so you might say that The Wx Ch exhibits a lot of lag.

The way the screens function really effects overall response. For me, I turned off anything and everything that is not needed.
Animations:OFF
Motion detection:OFF
Background apps (S Health) turned OFF (these run all the time and take up CPU time)

Screen backgrounds that are frilly and have motion in them, OFF:

I use a solid Black Background because it is easier on the eyes, and has the least amount of CPU time needed.

I use Nova Prime as my launcher because (to me) it seems more responsive than the native TouchWiz launcher, and it damn sure has a hell of a lot more features available to you. ie, it will continuously scroll around and around, unlike TW which stops and forces you to backup.

Parham Goudarzi

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
My S5 lagged a lot (in UI, games), until I removed an app which seemed not optimized and after that, BOOM. my phone is super fast

Posted via the Android Central App

dkjames71

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I ditched touchwiz for google launcher. My opinion touchwiz kinda lags from time to time. Recently switched to nova launcher and it's great, especially due to the home screen landscape. It's smooth as silk and customizable.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-07-11-46-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-07-11-46-00.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_2014-12-07-11-45-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-07-11-45-46.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 26

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member