Don't get Amazon ship/delivered texts

csconnet

Nov 10, 2022
Visit site
Phone = Samsung Galaxy S9 phone, Version 10, One UI version 2.5.

Do not receive Amazon shipped/delivered texts but get OTP and customer service texts.

Installed "Received Notifications" app which shows Amazon shipped/delivered messages but not in Samsung Messages app.

Have checked everywhere & can't figure out why.

csconnet

Nov 10, 2022
Visit site
Correct. It does not show up in the message but does sho up in the Recent Notifications app. Also, I do receive an email from Amazon giving me the information, but I don't want to have to remember to check my email.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Correct. It does not show up in the message but does sho up in the Recent Notifications app. Also, I do receive an email from Amazon giving me the information, but I don't want to have to remember to check my email.

Hi welcome to AC!
When I get a email it pops up on my notification panel so I see it right away, but let's see if any other members have done it through text message.

Last edited:

csconnet

Nov 10, 2022
Visit site
Thank you. That is one of the first things that I checked and I walked it through with Amazon. It's puzzling because I get the messages to my phone but they don't show up in my message app. They only show up in a third party app that I purchased called recent notifications and they show up in my email.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Could it be that they're being diverted to a Spam inbox? (I'm actually not sure if Samsung Messages has a Spam inbox, since I only use Google Messages.)

csconnet

Nov 10, 2022
Visit site
I have actually tried multiple different message programs but I think they are all controlled/driven off of the Samsung messages program. To my knowledge, Samsung messages doesn't have a spam folder.

I thought that the messages weren't coming to me at all until I installed the " recent messages " program. That's when I realized that all of the messages were coming in from Amazon but none of them were showing up in any of my message programs.

csconnet

Nov 10, 2022
Visit site
I am uncertain. Because the messages don't come regularly but only when there's shipping activity, I don't know when to switch my phone over to safe mode.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are the messages being sent from a full 10-digit phone number, or is it a short-code number (i.e., 5 or 6 digits)? Are you able to get short-code messages from other sources?

csconnet

Nov 10, 2022
Visit site
The messages are all from Amazon and I believe they are being sent by 10 digit phone number.

Yes I am also able to receive these kinds of messages from other sources and I am also able to receive four, five, and six digit codes from other sites.

I can also receive those kinds of messages, IE two-step verification messages from Amazon.

And I am receiving the messages from Amazon as far as they come into my phone and land in an app called " recent messages " but they don't come into my messaging app. They don't come into the Samsung messaging app and they don't come into third party apps that I've tried.

csconnet

Nov 10, 2022
Visit site
I followed the link and read the instructions, even though I'm very familiar with creating snapshots uploading them into texts, emails etc. According to the information provided, there is no way to add an image to an existing message. It says that that functionality is not available at this time. It says that the only way to add an image is to create a new message .

Is this what you want me to do ?

I said in my original message that I had downloaded an app called "Recent Notifications". I got this app off Play Store and it works very well. All messages coming into my phone, including those from Amazon, are shown on this app. However, shipment notifications do not appear in the messages app on my Samsung device. Shipment notifications from any other carrier IE USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL all show in the messages. I am also able to get OTP messages from Amazon but nothing else.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, pic uploads are still kind of broken on the forums. It works only sporadically on the forum website, and I think it doesn't work at all on the AC Forums app -- you have to use the actual Tapatalk app. The site admins were going to work on this after the holidays, so hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Try uninstalling the Recent Notifications app, in case it's interfering with those messages for some reason -- or was this problem happening before​ you installed that app?

csconnet

Nov 10, 2022
Visit site
The problem was there before I installed this app. I installed this app to verify that the messages were actually getting to my phone. I'd already checked on the Amazon side and everything appeared to be set up correctly. Not to mention the fact that I used to get messages for shipments .

Once the app verified that the messages are getting to my phone, then I knew that the problem was local on my machine.

csconnet

Nov 10, 2022
Visit site
I tried safe mode but no messages would come through even though wifi was turn on. Tried sending message from a friend's phone but nothing came through.

After the package arrived, I turned off safe mode and the message from my friend"s phone text and Amazon were
waiting in recent notifications. But only my friend's message was waiting in Messages. No text from amazon.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's very strange. SMS messages should still come through in Safe Mode. Wi-fi shouldn't matter -- as long as your cell radio is on and signal is good, texts should be received.

You already tried wiping the cache partition?