Double contacts

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
i have 2 of each person in my contact list. i hate this google sync. do i have to manually delete every second entry myself? and how can i prevent this from happening again?

ikith

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Log into gmail and hit the contacts button you can delete them from there then have your phone sync and you should be good. If a contact is combined go into the contact hit menu then hit split and you should be good.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
or... go to your PC / open your gmail account / look on far left side and select "contatcs" / look in the big main box, bottom right corner "find duplicates" / click that and then "merge" duplicates

be sure to resync once this is done. on droid (from home screen) menu / setting / accounts & sync / and then select what account to sync and check auto-sync.... which sort of makes me think you might have synced 2 gmail contact lists -- check in the area I just got you to and see if 2 different gmail accounts have contacts synced. If this is confusing, ask for more info.

Last edited:

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
or... go to your PC / open your gmail account / look on far left side and select "contatcs" / look in the big main box, bottom right corner "find duplicates" / click that and then "merge" duplicates

be sure to resync once this is done. on droid (from home screen) menu / setting / accounts & sync / and then select what account to sync and check auto-sync.... which sort of makes me think you might have synced 2 gmail contact lists -- check in the area I just got you to and see if 2 different gmail accounts have contacts synced. If this is confusing, ask for more info.

thank you very much. it worked perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shiny_2084