Double Tap to Wake Screen on Note 5

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I am a former BB Priv owner and owned many BlackBerrys and now I have the Note 5.

The BIG want that I have is why does the OS on my Note 5 not able to Double Tap to wake the screen like on the Android Priv and DETEK's????

I hate always having to press the stupid button at the bottom and have tried a few apps that say they can but all it is is a Selling adds and have loaded the app Gravity Screen what a JOKE it is works and does not work.

ALL I WANT IS TO DOUBLE TAP THE SCREEN TO MAKE IT WAKE AM I ASKING TO MUCH FOR THE OS MM TO DO WHAT IT DOES ON THE PRIV???????????

WTF DAMN COMPUTER GEEKS THAT WRITE THE CODE

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes you need to bring the phone out of sleep mode. Many times this can be done by moving it or tapping the screen once.
What happens if you do this before you do the double tap?

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Nothing sometimes I have to push the power button then home button and shake it and finally the screen wakes I just want to double tap like the Priv

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm under the impression this is a system level function that can't simply be enabled by an app. I remember reading on the LG G4 info that it used a special low power processor with the sole purpose of recognizing a double tap to wake the screen. As far as I know, phones without this function disable the digitizer with the screen off.

You may get lucky and I could be wrong, but I wouldn't hold my breath on getting this working on your phone.

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Ive heard with Nogat OS it will have that double tap to wake
Strange that the Priv BlackBerry has it in MM and my Note 5 with MM does not?

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Ok now I just noticed this having my Note 5 connected with side sync, when the activity is idle and the phone screen on my laptop goes to sleep it says DOUBLE TAP TO WAKE OR SEE THE SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the OS cant have that cool feature as a standard feature, amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reflavius