down volume button stopped working

forresters

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Suddenly without notice my down button (volume button) decided to stop working. Up button is fine. I am glad I can still control volume by touching the little sliding menu that pops up. However it is annoying not to be able use the volume down button. Anyone had any issues with it? :)

nazem

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
That's weird, do you still feel the click when you press it or does it feel stuck?

Posted via Android Central App

forresters

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
ok, I removed the back cover and found that everything looked fine, the button was clean and undamaged. I put the phone back together and performed Factory Reset. Well, unfortunately the volume down button is still not working... disappointing:-\

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Have you installed any apps capable of taking over the volume control buttons? Many games can do this, for example, and some may not properly relinquish control when inactive.

Have you tested the volume down button across multiple sub-systems? Ringer volume, media player volume, etc?

Try installing an app which CAN re-purpose the buttons and see if you have the same problem. Some camera apps or games for example.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonnieH