Downloaded images folder gone from Gallery after the update to 4.3

Ilze_V

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

I was wondering, has anyone else encountered this issue - downloaded images folder is no longer found in the Gallery after the Android 4.3 update?

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Try downloading a pic and see if the folder shows up. If not, go to settings...apps...all..gallery and clear data and cache, reboot phone and open gallery.

Ilze_V

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the answers!

frenziedfemale, clearing the data worked. Thanks! It's strange, though, the Gallery doesn't seem to recognize pictures saved from Google Drive anymore (that is why, I assume, the folder didn't show up after the update - there were only photos from Google Drive there). When I try to save new pictures from Google Drive, they get downloaded and take up space, but they just don't show up/don't get recognized by the Gallery as image files at all.

But at least it works fine with images downloaded from elsewhere, that's good enough.

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't use Gdrive but I think if you use the Google Drive app you can mark the pics "make available offline" then view them in the app. No idea why you wouldn't see them in the gallery if you downloaded them though.

Ilze_V

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Ah, yes, you can do that. In my case, I wanted specific pictures (that were stored in my Google Drive) to show up in the Daydream/screensaver mode, and it's only possible to choose folders from the Gallery. So it made sense to save them to Downloads folder, to later be able to choose that folder for the screensaver. The immediate answer is to get the images in the Downloads folder some other way around, a long-term solution to would probably be consider not using Google Drive as my go-to storage for images I want available everywhere. It surely looks like a bug brought with the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord