driving mode and incoming text messages

motherof3jh

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
HELP!!! I can't get my Galaxy S3 to READ my text messages to me. I got my phone in Sept. and my son put some App on my phone that would read any and every text message that came to my phone. Something to do with the "Driving Mode" already on the phone. I loved that app because I'm in my car a lot and I didn't have to fiddle with picking up my phone to read incoming text because the "voice" would read it to me. Loved it. It would also announce when I had new emails (but not read them). WELL, every since my son did an "Update" the first of the year that APP is gone. I called our carrier, no help I called U.S. Cellular and talked for over an hour. Ended up putting the SONALIGHT text to voice APP on my phone. It had an annoying voice but it did what it was supposed to do...for a week. The past 3 days it does NOT work at all and I did NOT remove the APP. I really want this feature to work on my phone. It's the next best thing to butter. ☺If someone could walk me through getting this to work again use step by step help in terms I can understand. (I don't understanding technology). THANKS for your time and HELP.

cutieputie

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
HI... my phone did the same thing after the "automatic update". I really liked having text messages read aloud. Did you get it figured out how to get that back ? Thanks !!!

Robert Saunders

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Here's what you need to set to get the Galaxy S3 to read the full text message from SMS:

1. Open Settings
  2. Choose Language and Input
  3. Choose Voice Recognizer
  4. Select 'Samsung powered by VLingo'
  5. Voice Search, enable/check 'Show body of Message'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal