DROID and Double Texts

paa79594

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I've had this problem for awhile now, but I receive a ton of double, sometimes triple, and even one time I got 4, texts from the same person. Most of the people I get it from are on Verizon.

Anyone else have a problem like this?

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I have never had this issue actually.

The other devices on Verizon, any idea what type of device? Also, does it happen maybe when you come back into a service zone from an area with no service?

ryobi43

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I get that sometimes. It only happens when the text are sent from a friend of mines BB Tour. Nobody elses text have done it.

jeffnucci

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
This is an Android issue not a DROID issue. I have a DROID and my girlfriend has a MyTouch 3G on T-Mobile. we get duplicates from each other and other people all the time.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I found I get this sometimes. Most are when a pic is sent to me. I got chopsms running and at first I was getting from both the phone and chomp. Found out here to turn off the phone sms.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
This is an Android issue not a DROID issue. I have a DROID and my girlfriend has a MyTouch 3G on T-Mobile. we get duplicates from each other and other people all the time.

I'm leaning more towards a Verizon issue more than anything. My girlfriend who has an unlocked iPhone on T-Mobile complains that I send double triple texts... but when I use my iPhone 3GS on AT&T it never happens. And now since I have the Nexus One on AT&T it never happens. That tells me it is Verizon.

Not to mention my buddy Cory (moderator) has sent me double's various times over the years and he's had all sorts of Verizon devices.

gardobus

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I send double texts to people quite often. I think it has something to do with my replacement keyboard (Smart Keyboard right now).

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I also receive messages in doubles and even triplicates from at&t users, so I wouldn't say it's any specific carrier or device. It's a network thing IMHO and YMMV based on where you are located.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I have always had a heck of a time with texting between my VZW BB & Droid to my girlfriends iPhone. Double messages. No messages. Triple messages. Any and everything except normal message exchanges.

Ignitros

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I've had Verizon for years, have worked in the industry for 15 years and worked with all the major carriers. It is definately a Verizon problem. They are aware of it and have as of yet, not been able to fix it. It is something with the way the system sees the text coming in from the tower and relays it to the other phone. I see double texts all the time. Not all day long but I would say a few times a week.

I get them mostly from friends who have other carriers but I have seen them from friends on Verizon too so it's not Android or Droid.

Last edited:

rick707

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed this a tad since I got the droid. I never had this issue ever with my blackberry tour except from my brother on tmobile. This is with YEARS of verizon, probably 5+

InsomniacSR

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm on Verizon, and I never had problems with duplicate text with standard SMS, but I do have it happen to me occasionally with Google Voice, but who cares since its free.

gardobus

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
See I think my issue is different. Sometimes I'll hit "Send" after typing a message and it actually pops up and sends twice on my phone. It doesn't duplicate after it leaves my phone, my Droid actually sends it twice LOL

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I get the same thing my GF is on verizon with a blackberry curve and about once a week this happens (mostly in 4 or 5 duplicates) to me but never back at her strange and ive learned to ignore it.

primodroid

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I've had this problem for awhile now, but I receive a ton of double, sometimes triple, and even one time I got 4, texts from the same person. Most of the people I get it from are on Verizon.

Anyone else have a problem like this?

I have not had that problem...YET. However, I had a problem texting one time when i would press on the letters on phone and it would type the letter many times. ( eg. HHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLOOOOO TTTTTHHHEERRRREE) I would take my finger off the screen and it would CONTINUE typing letters! This only happened one time and after resetting phone it has not happened again.:confused:

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm on Verizon, and I never had problems with duplicate text with standard SMS, but I do have it happen to me occasionally with Google Voice, but who cares since its free.

This was the first thing I thought of. There is/was an issue with sending a text in landscape mode on a droid with Google voice which will cause multiple texts to be received by the recipient. Sending the texts in portrait mode makes that issue go away.

Just a thought

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I've had some issues with multiple texts with my wife.
But as of yesterday, I haven't been receiving any texts or pics from friends on other networks (T-Mo and At&T).
It's fricking annoying. I was late to a meeting yesterday due to this problem.:mad:

Anyone else having something similar?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcj001