Droid Bionic Notification Ringtones

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
What method did you use?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Its a standard option. You can edit your 'default' notification ringtone which everything will use. After that you need to go into each specific application and adjust notifications individually.

For instance. Open your 'Text Messaging' app, click 'Manage Settings' (assuming you're using the default messaging app) and scroll down the list. There is a 'Notifications' area where you can adjust it.

For Gmail, its a little more involved....and I posted it previously.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/dr...nce-gmail-alert-individually.html#post1228443

Most apps that use notifications have a setting for changing from the default if you dig deep enough. Gmail seems to be the most buried.

jj1122

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Its a standard option. You can edit your 'default' notification ringtone which everything will use. After that you need to go into each specific application and adjust notifications individually.

For instance. Open your 'Text Messaging' app, click 'Manage Settings' (assuming you're using the default messaging app) and scroll down the list. There is a 'Notifications' area where you can adjust it.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/dr...nce-gmail-alert-individually.html#post1228443

Most apps that use notifications have a setting for changing from the default if you dig deep enough. Gmail seems to be the most buried.

OK, that worked great for me to get a different notification between txts and emails. My question is that I have 2 google accounts on the phone. Can I get a different notification for each account? If I go into each of the account settings and change it, it seems to change it for both.

csimme01

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
This might help.
You can setup the regular email account to retrieve gmail. If you use the gmail for one account and the regular email for the other gmail account you can then set up different notifications for each one. If you have more than two then add another email program from the market.

jj1122

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
This might help.
You can setup the regular email account to retrieve gmail. If you use the gmail for one account and the regular email for the other gmail account you can then set up different notifications for each one. If you have more than two then add another email program from the market.

Thanks. I might give that try tomorrow. I finally did find a way to get different notifications on both gmail accounts, but only when it uses the default notification first. It gives 2 notification sounds for each email, the default notification sound, then the one assigned to individual gmail account. I cant get it to work with only 1 notification sound per message. Im going to try to set the other gmail account up as an email account like you suggested. That ought to ultimately get me what I want.

tonyes

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

The only one that you can't change is for VOICE MAIL. I have tried almost everything but nothing works to have a unique ringtone. I have been able to have a unique ringtone on other android phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aleftshoe