"Droid" boot sound

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to disable the obnoxious "Droid" boot sound? I apologize if this was discussed I just could not find the answer.

GoBigRed79

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
How often do you reboot your phone? I understand wanting to personalize your phone but I just don't get why boot animations and sounds are such a big deal to so many people as I reboot my phone maybe once every few days at the most.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
How often do you reboot your phone? I understand wanting to personalize your phone but I just don't get why boot animations and sounds are such a big deal to so many people as I reboot my phone maybe once every few days at the most.

I am not rooted; this is the Droid Maxx. I do not want to customize boot animations and sounds. I just want to shut it up as it is annoying. If the phone reboots while I am in a meeting for whatever reason, or sleeping, that boot noise would not be welcome. I hope to never reboot the phone.

I forgot all these root nuances as the Galaxy Nexus I am coming from had all these creature comforts.

foxisbubba#AC

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
There are no special volume functions for the boot animation, however if your phone is on vibe or silent when you reboot, it does not make any sounds.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Here's your solution with the tasker app

#1 create new tasker event for system shutdowns.
New task to go into silent mode.

#2 create new tasker event for system boot.
New task to turn off silent mode.

Since tasker will not load until your device has booted, your phone will remain on silent through the boot up until the tasker app is loaded (shortly before your cell service registers).

Posted via Android Central App

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
That seems like a good plan. I have not tried tasker.

I assume if the phone ever crashes or dirty reboots, the initial task would not run, correct?

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

I agree.

I've had my Maxx since it's launch date. It's only been booted twice in the 9 days I've had it.

The first time was by the VZW rep at the store. I didn't see our hear the boot animation at the time for some reason.

The second time was when I intentionally rebooted to see what someone else here thought was so obnoxious about it.

I can live with the stock boot animation the handful of times I'll ever see/hear it.

YMMV

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Nec3f

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Obviously not a problem with this phone, but with my old Bionic it usually died about an hour before bedtime so it would reboot when I plugged it in and it was LOUD. I was always worried about waking people up in my house, but that phone was easy to keep quiet if you kept your finger over the speaker. Even so, the noise was just obnoxious.

Honestly, I'm not even sure what this one sounds like, I think it's only rebooted once at the store and once when it got new software, but I don't recall it being anywhere near as annoying.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

I hate the sound as well.

My issue is that my last phone (Droid 3) would spontaneously reboot. I can count on one hand how many times that happened, but it happened once, shortly after I first bought it, at an embarrassing time to hear that ridiculous "Droid" sound. I eventually rooted the phone and deleted the sound from the phone, so it wouldn't happen again, but I'd prefer not to root the phone if I don't need to - and, of course, with the Maxx, at the moment, rooting is not yet an option anyway.

gbrinkman

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that the color of the Motorola logo changes each time the phone is rebooted. Is this something new that I have missed before?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieallthetime