Droid Freezing, unusable

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
A friend called and my droid was acting a bit weird on the call and when I had to slide to answer, then it froze (which is does sometimes) so I pulled the battery, now it's completely freaking out. It will either start and work until I unlock it, when it promptly freezes, or it will be become so unresponsive that I can't even drag the unlock slider across. I can't let the screen turn off, because it won't come back on. What can I do?
Odd new update: it works when mounted onto the computer. Does this mean it's something on the SD card?
Another update: the processor area is burning hot. I'm going to let it rest for a bit to cool it down. It's not overclocked.
Yet again: Nope, let it cool completely but when I started it again it still does not work.

Last edited:

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
If I get a replacement will it be easy to reload all of my apps onto it or will I have to go back and find all of them in the market again?

ekoulak

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
As far as reloadi g apps google does a good job at restoring your paid and un paid apps when u sign in with google acct. And the cause... do you play games on the droid? Maybe excessive proc use