Droid Incredible Replaced 9/29/2011

BigPoppaPump

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
So I accidentally dropped my phone in the Ocean while out on a boat this past Monday. I got it replaced in the mail today. How come I actually got a Dinc 1 replacement when I read that people back as far as May of 2011 were getting newer replacements? On this replacement the water dot on the back near the battery is red. Does that mean this is a refurbed Dinc that someone else dropped in water?

Sorry for what may seem dumb questions b/c I'm not a very techy kind of guy.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
So I accidentally dropped my phone in the Ocean while out on a boat this past Monday. I got it replaced in the mail today. How come I actually got a Dinc 1 replacement when I read that people back as far as May of 2011 were getting newer replacements? On this replacement the water dot on the back near the battery is red. Does that mean this is a refurbed Dinc that someone else dropped in water?

Sorry for what may seem dumb questions b/c I'm not a very techy kind of guy.

Yes it is a refurbished DInc but that has nothing to do with the dot they are all refurbs now since they are not making it anymore.

As far as people getting replaced with newer hardware that kind of thing happens either when they are out of the CLNR older hardware or on a case by case basis for customer satisfaction. Sometimes when a particular problem is widespread they set up a policy where if a customer complains about such and such they get a newer device but those things are usually only for a short time until a software upgrade comes out to fix whatever problem or they get more of the CLNR devices in stock again.

Reactions: BigPoppaPump

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SCZ