Droid Incredible screen is blank

4strkrider

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I was unable to find anyone with a similar problem on the Droid incredible, so I was wondering if anyone else has had all screens on there Incredible go blank except for the background?
This is my wife's phone, but last weekend her phone locked on her and the security pattern on her phone wouldn't unlock the phone. She took it to Verizon and they did a factory reset wiping the phone completely. She did not install any apps through the week and it worked fine, but on Saturday night, she installed a couple of games for the kids, from the android marketplace, and all screens went blank. She deleted the apps she downloaded and then only added the HTC clock to the home screen and went to sleep. When she woke up, the screen was blank again. We have rebooted it several times as well as removed the battery, but the screens are still blank. We have also tried installing HTC apps, that came on the phone, and they don't function correctly and then they disappear.
Has anyone else had this problem or heard of someone having it?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like something in the ROM itself was corrupted.

Try reloading the RUU file from here:
Inc. Stock Images | doug piston

This is the Verizon Froyo OTA. You connect your phone to your PC and then run the RUU. Please read the Entire ReadMe before completing the RUU and follow the instructions carefully.

This will completely re-install the 2.2.1 OS on your phone, all data on the phone will be erased. Your SD Card should be fine.

Good Luck.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
and if that doesn't work, take the phone back to Verizon and get them to order you a replacement. That shouldn't be happening.

4strkrider

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I am willing to try it, but the wife is going to take it back to Verizon soon. I'll let you know how that goes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Authority_Institute