Droid Maxx Battery Life

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious what everyone is getting for "Screen ON Time" before needing a charge. Under heavy use yesterday maybe 4 hours tops, Last night I did full factory reset, Cache Wipe. then did FoxKats battery conditioning/calibration . 10-15% charge notification, turn off phone and charge completely, repeated twice. I'm working on the second cycle now so its hard to get a good idea if its just a new battery, calibration or whatever. Seems like when the phone is idle its about a 1% per hour. Then under heavy use, screen on, chrome surfing, facebook, gmail, text, it drops at about 20-25% per hour. I don't have GPS or Wifi on. Screen set to Auto brightness. Vibrate with key press is Off and I've disabled all of the bloat. What gives ? I think my Maxx HD was guaranteed 6-7 hours screen on time.

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I hope the battery efficiency improves because what I'm getting now is way way way less "up to 48 hours moderate use". Today, the first day after a full charge, I'm coming up to 14 hours use with 6 hours screen on and about 26% battery remaining - all sensors are on (wi-fi, NFC, BT). I streamed music for about 4 hours on LTE. I mean, dont get me wrong, it's good, but I think I was expecting just a tad more.

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Dude 6hr screen on time with heavy usage and streaming on LTE is just awesome ..most of the phone out there struggle to get 4hr screen time ..I think you used the phone more than normal because it's new toy ..your perception of battery life will change once you use it normally in day 2 day use

Posted via Android Central App

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I hope the battery efficiency improves because what I'm getting now is way way way less "up to 48 hours moderate use". Today, the first day after a full charge, I'm coming up to 14 hours use with 6 hours screen on and about 26% battery remaining - all sensors are on (wi-fi, NFC, BT). I streamed music for about 4 hours on LTE. I mean, dont get me wrong, it's good, but I think I was expecting just a tad more.

Yeah. That would come out to 8 hours of on screen time. I really don't feel anyone can complain about that. And with all sensors on. I don't think there is another phone that can do that and I had a note 2

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaylebarts7