Droid MAXX: griffin car mount

qonic

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
reading the reviews about the car mount for the maxx it wasn't good..........has any body recently bought one did they improve it sinse 2013 ?
i'm still thinking of getting one just to have something that will hold the maxx.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: griffin car mount

The Griffin mount works better than some of the reviews you see. It is not the quality of the older Motorola mounts for the Droid x's.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

qonic

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I got the griffin at Verizon 40.00 but I registered on Isis so I only paid $3.44 for it.your right I don't see what all the fuss is I will take it apart to see where the wires run so I can drill holes for the camera,the neck could have a larger arch so the phone would tilt more flat and with a case on phone I will trim down the rubber on the cradle.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't see what all the fuss is

I had two issues with it - the included USB connector would not charge the phone with a case on (I'd have preferred just leaving an opening for my own cable if I wanted ti charge) and the suction mount released a couple of times when I was using it. I've switched to something more generic (I've also ordered a wireless charging dock from Indiegogo, which should be here next week.) Assist driving mode and touchless controls make a special car dock mode rather unnecessary, at least for me.

qonic

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I had an old droid x car mount that I grinded down the ball so it will fit the small griffin socket now I can fully tilt the phone down.

qonic

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE!!
After the success with the mount switching I got it on my dash while driving the phone moves because of the arm being a lot longer so I guess I'll grind the ball down on my bionic
Car mount and it shouldn't shake while Driving and still able to tilt the phone down more.

qonic

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Way better now with the bionic mount base on the griffin and trimmed some of the rubber so the phone with the cover on it goes on smoother.

AustinAggie

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: griffin car mount

The Griffin mount works better than some of the reviews you see. It is not the quality of the older Motorola mounts for the Droid x's.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Agreed. It works ok, just doesn't feel that great/solid from a quality perspective. It does not work with a case which isn't great but I can live with, I don't use a case most of the time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarderCrack