Droid Mini - Screen unlock issues

Seattle66

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I love my Droid Mini. I have been waiting for a smaller phone to come out because I don't like walking around with some huge phone in my pocket.

But, I started having an issue two days ago that is really odd. After it sits for a while, at least a minute, and I go to unlock the phone with either a pin code or the pattern option, after hitting enter instead of going to the home screen the phone runs through the droid splash images like I just turned it on. It will do this 95% of the time that I wake it up and enter the pin or pattern.

Has anyone else noticed this? I haven't download an new apps. There are no new updates I am aware of. It just started happening for no reason. I have rebooted, tried to start and stop numerous apps and can't seem to find a solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Seattle66

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response. I tried to wipe the system cache partition, but couldn't get it too work. I turned off the phone, then hit power while holding the volume rocker down. I entered the startup mode selection screen and went down to Recovery. Then I got the screen with the robot laying on its side and that is where it stayed. No other options and I couldn't do anything accept for holding the power button down and turning it off.

Any other ideas on clearing the system cache? Are there any apps that might automate that process?

Wait a second................looks like I didn't hold the volume up button on enough while on the distress android screen. I will try again.

AO196

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I have been having the same issue for the past week or so. The same thing happens when I attempt to answer a call - the phone restarts, and I lose the call. I called the tech help line and they suggested to run the phone in safe mode as B Diddy stated above. They had the same thought - if the problem goes away in safe mode, there is most likely an issue with one of the installed apps. I found that if I run the phone in safe mode, the problem goes away. I have uninstalled almost all of the Apps that I added to the phone and performed a soft reset. The problem still persists, and it is very annoying...

I seem to recall this starting right after I received an update, but for the life of me I can't remember which app or apps were updated.

RJT507

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I've had a similar problem with the unlock screen. I had just got the phone for Christmas, it was a big improvement from my previous phone, but after having it on the charger for the first time I tried to unlock the phone using the pattern lock but the phone wouldn't let me finish the pattern. Then it took up the ten chances I had to get into the phone, then it shut off. After a second or two it started going though the start up screen and then there was the little droid bot on the screen and underneath it, it said "erasing" next thing I knew all my contacts and pictures I bluetoothed from my previous phone were gone and all the music I just transferred from my computer were gone and the so few apps I had just put on the phone were gone. my friend said he experienced the same issue with his mini and I am curious too see if anyone else has had this problem and whether or not it will happen again and if so could I fix it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays